All reviewsthe concierge loungem clubthe indoor outdoor poolgranola barsfull service hotelnice hotellobby barbeautiful lobbygold memberrooms are smallbusiness hotelkansas turnpikebreakfast buffet isstayed one nightfloor roomroad constructionnice pool
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I checked into this Marriott thinking I was checking into a Fine Marriott product with standards I was use to with a Marriott product.
However, what I found was a hotel that was like a time machine where upon entering the room I was transported back in time to the 1970’s where bottle openers are attached to the door casing and maintenance work and quality was not as important as it is today. Back in time where Marriott was just another hotel brand - Not one of the leading brands in the world with major standards.

As you will see from my pictures I found the following issues.

* bottle openers on door casing like a motel 6
(Would take 5 minutes of maintenance work to rid the hotel of these if Management had a passion or even an interest in quality
* Rate cards on the back of the door that were dirty and grimy and horrible looking as you see this is not Marriott quality. Would take less than 5 minutes to fix if Management had a passion or even interest in quality.
* Paint chipped on the window seal. Would take 5 minutes to fix if Management had a passion or even an interest in quality.
* holes in wall where things like towel bars were moved. Would only take 5-10 minutes to fix if Management had a passion or even an interest in quality.
* door knobs that are so worn out that they are coming apart. Would only take 5-10 minutes to put a new $9.99 pass thru door know on. But this hotel does not seem to have any passion or interest in quality.
* Upon entering I flushed the toilet and that 1 flush was the flush that disengaged the water supply line from the toilet and it was like a fire hose in the room.

Summary: the GM did comp the room and gave a dinner certificate- however I was not looking a free room or a comp dinner, I was looking a hotel where the mnagement staff was totally into standards of the Marriott Brand and had a passion for quality.
I did not know this GM but I was in multiple rooms and the hotel did not look like a hotel with an active hands on GM.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank miketetterton
Wichita_Marriott, Guest Relations Manager at Wichita Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor. We strive to make it brilliant for our guests with a five out of five rating on Trip Advisor. Our entire team is so very sorry that we were not able to make it brilliant for you during your most recent stay.

Please know that your disappointment in our hotel is not taken lightly and is absolutely not reflective of the rigorous service excellence training in which our hosts and managers enthusiastically engage. Our highest mission is to provide personalized hosting which focuses on individual experiences in a wholehearted attempt to make it brilliant for our guests and in all of our interactions.

We are right now in the process of working closely with the Marriott Architecture and Design teams to execute our plan for a complete and total room renovation to every room and suite in our hotel. This comprehensive and extensive room renovation project will begin later this year. We will also be replacing all of the plumbing in the guestrooms and converting 75% of our rooms into rooms with shower only as Marriott is moving toward in the brand. In addition we will be adding in-room safes to our M Club level rooms. We have already begun parts of this extensive room remodel project.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Wichita.

Once again, please accept our most heartfelt apologies.

Most Sincerely,

Marriott Brilliant Host Team Wichita

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Located in downtown, this is a business hotel, would not recommend for tourist travel. This stay I had a really nice room that was above average - large bathroom, couch, etc. I like the fitness center here, has all the cardio you would want and a nice weight setup (free and machine). The restaurant in the hotel is one of the nicer restaurants in downtown. A bit pricey but when it is raining outside beats walking to other options downtown. I happened to get a rate that was good, but have tried a few other times and the rate was outside of our norms. Parking here is a bit different, it is detached so prepare to either valet or walk across the small parking lot to get to the garage.

Room Tip: surrounded on all sides by streets, but north and west are the noisy sides.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

This is an old Marriott that caters to business travelers. It has been appropriately remodeled and the staff is well trained. The rooms are clean, but certainly dated and not luxurious by any means. The club or concierge lounge is a little weak with the choices and variety of options they offer, so don’t expect a lot if you’re planning on using it. The bar staff did an excellent job and they offer a great menu if you’re dining in the bar. This isn’t a one of a kind Marriott experience but overall it’s a pretty good location.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2017

The staff at this hotel will do everything in their power to tell you "yes" if you have a request. I have yet to be told no they couldn't do something. And friendly?? YES! Michael who greets you at the front door, the front desk people (sorry guys, I don't have all of your names handy but they are all amazing), and Adrianna in the M lounge in the evening and the staff in the morning. And lastly Inez at the bar. All fabulous people. I'd stay here just for the amazing staff. I am a light sleeper and although I travel for work I am picky about where my room is. This hotel has accommodated me every time. And what amazes me is that even though I haven't been on the top floor I have not heard footsteps above me in this hotel. Absolutely love not feeling like an elephant is above me!! (oops, did I say that?) The M club lounge is worth paying a little more for a room because you can get breakfast and a light dinner. It's enough for me! I just wish they would status match and then I might consider leaving my current hotel chain and switching to Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd numbered room which faces out over the pond. I've never stayed on the other side, but I suspect that's fairly quiet as well.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We have stayed here several times but I am no longer as impressed with this Marriott. I think it is overpriced for what you get. We stay here since we like the bar & restaurant since after driving all day it is nice to just eat at the hotel. They have a nice lobby but their rooms need updating but that may not be good since they plan to remove many of the bathtubs. Many of us still like bathtubs. We may not stay here again & especially if they remove the bathtubs. Our first room was by the elevator & there was noise & our 2nd room was much quieter. We got 1 bar of soap vs one by the sink & 1 for the shower, which is ridiculous given the price of the room.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LilysueCEO
Wichita_Marriott, Public Relations Manager at Wichita Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for taking time to provide us with valuable feedback regarding your recent stay. The overall satisfaction of our hotel is a key priority, I am very sorry that your stay fell short of your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate departments in an effort to improve the guest experience.

We are currently in the process of working closely with the Marriott Architecture and Design teams to execute our plan for a complete and total room renovation to every room and suite in our hotel. This project will begin in June of 2018 with an anticipated completion date of December 2018. 75% of our room inventory will be converted to walk-in showers, we will most definitely have rooms available with bath tubs once the renovation is complete.