All reviews swim meet elite member easy access front desk cinnamon rolls great hotel each morning the ground floor great room business trip oatmeal room was clean staff was very friendly stay there again indoor pool within walking distance michelle
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Very nice Holiday Inn. Well maintained property and recently up dated. Definitely up to Holiday Inn standards. Breakfast was good. Rooms were nice. Located in an area with plenty of restaurants. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Whitney S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

THANK YOU rdpine!!
We are so thrilled you had time to join us for breakfast. I hope you tried one of our new Cinnabon cinnamon rolls or our awesome pancake machine. :)
Happy trails!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Wow, the difference between this Holiday Inn Express and the Hampton Inn & Suites Salem was LARGE. At the Hampton the manager was always either at the front desk or in FRONT of the desk to welcome people. At this Holiday Inn Express I NEVER saw the manager until I complained about the checkout procedure. At the Hampton Inn Express the manager worked out a deal with me since I needed extra time to check out. At the Holiday Inn Express in Wichita we were basically HARASSED out of our room even though I told them in advance and OFFERED to pay a fee. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: The only adjoining rooms are on the second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank reginafromCalifornia
Whitney S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.
As the General Manager I wear many hats. Often times you will find me assisting my staff by helping clean rooms, helping our houseman with laundry, pouring coffee for our guests at breakfast and miscellaneous guest interactions throughout the hotel. I am available Sunday through Thursday . I am sorry I wasn't here during your arrival, I would have loved to greet you when you got into town! Since we often have very high occupancy and we guarantee guest room availability at 3pm we could not honor a check out time later than our arrival time. We were hopeful that the 2pm departure time that was offered would help your unique situation. We will never take a fee for a late departure, although we appreciate the offer.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We stayed at this location, despite being locals, for a mini getaway while our son was playing in a baseball tournament. The staff was friendly and rooms were spacious and clean. The breakfast was your average free hotel breakfast but we enjoyed it. We have family coming to town over the 4th of July and we have put them up at this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Whitney S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Hi wxyzps!
So glad you came to us for a mini staycation! We look forward to meeting your family very soon. They will be able to try our brand new, fresh, totally redesigned breakfast. From fresh eggs and better bacon to Cinnabon cinnamon rolls we are very excited for this roll-out. Thank you so much for staying with us.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

I recently called the hotel to make my regular reservation as I was a frequent guest. Someone who wasn't that professional answered and said they were completely sold out, im like no problem that's fine just transfer me to the staybridge next door. The answer I received is that I would have to call them directly. I know this may not seem like that big of a deal, but remember im a frequent guest, anytime I ever stayed before and this happened Michelle (who is unfortunately no longer employed by this hotel group as I was told tonight) would just transfer me over or take care of making my reservation as both are IHG and both as of last I knew we're owned by the same hotel group and even share employees...As a Spire Elite member trying to make a last minute reservation I just expect a little more professionalism and assistance than being told to hang up and call a different number....

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Whitney S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Thank you JDSpire.
I appreciate your feedback. We do have some new team members that are in training and by the sounds of it they need to learn how to transfer calls. I have high expectations for my team and in no way would allow such curtness to any of our guests. Michelle did take and opportunity with a Spa company in order to try something new. She decided after a decade in the hotel business that she wanted to try something in a different area of customer service and we all (staff and guests alike) wish her all the best in her new venture. I will personally ensure that the new staff members know how to transfer calls outside of the building. AS you know by your previous stays with us this is not our norm. We are very sorry you had to call another phone number to inquire about reservations next door.
Hopefully your next stay we will earn a five star review based on your stay with us!

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

We needed to stay here so my wife could be close to one of the hospitals. We arrived very late and we were welcomed by the smiling face of Thomas, night manager. What a nice and accommodating young man. He made our check in quick and easy, moved our room to the ground floor for easy access and was just helpful. After a very scary and stressful day, to be greeted and helped by someone with seemingly genuine concern was very nice. The hotel itself was above reproach as well. Thank you Thomas!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Whitney S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Good morning rjwbster.
What a scary day indeed. We are sorry to hear the reason for your trip was an unpleasant one. We sincerely hope she is on the mend and doing much better. Our well wishes go out to you and your family. Thomas will certainly receive recognition for his compassion. He is a great guy and we are fortunate to have him as part of our team.
Best regards,