“A Great Happy Hour with some reservations”

Blue Sushi Sake Grill
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Westwood
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 20
Reviewed 28 November 2016

I'll tell you what happened to me, and hope that it doesn't happen to you.
First off, they were giving away 20 dollar coupons online, which is an amazing deal if you go to Happy Hour, which they have all day on Sundays, which makes watching their GIANT TV and football on Sunday a super awesome treat. Their happy hour menu is loaded with 5 dollar deals on rolls and other various apps, cheap beer and drinks and the overall décor of the place is pretty snazzy. I would say i'll be back, if only to allow them to redeem themselves from my one and only trip. So why the reservations you say, well first off, the sunday happy hour, was an incredibly good deal, the problem is that the bartender is also the server for the entire bar area. there were 4-5 other servers for the restaurant area, but the poor bartender had to make drinks and waiting on the people sitting in the bar area, which left him a little short. yes, this meant pretty poor service, especially as he was the only person working the bar. I would highly advise them to have a server for the bar area and let the bartender work the bar. there were other people at the bar with me who were waiting for simple things like a drink refill or their check. the other problem that I had, and this could have been a fluke, was some sharp bones in my whitefish roll. it could have been disastrous, but as long as I've been a live, I have never found a bone in a sushi roll before. I got the roll comp'd and hopefully whatever they did wrong they will fix.

not many sushi places in town have a happy hour menu as good as this one, so it's really worth it at the very least just to try out. I will go back and hopefully they've fixed the few problems that I had when I went there.

1  Thank brent k

Reviewed 7 October 2016

This place is great, quality food, great atmosphere, great location. We had several rolls and they were all awesome. Stick to the classics or try some of their spicier signature rolls.....they are all good. My favorite might have been the spider maki.