“Bugs, stained sheets, and Peeping Tom”

Motel 6 South Haven
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Haven
Reviewed 11 May 2017

I was hopeful when I read that the Motel 6 at the South Haven exit had been re-modeled, but I was disappointed with service. Shortly after checking in, I noticed a black bug on the bed. After pulling the bedspread back, I notice some weird stains on the sheets and a hair. I asked the front desk to change the sheets and mentioned the bug on the bed. When I returned back to the room, after several hours, the bed had been re-made, but I noticed that it had the same sheet, and it had been turned around. I guess they were hoping that I hadn't noticed. There was also a large hole in the shower that I had plugged with a wash cloth and when I returned, the ceiling tile in the bathroom had been moved. It appeared that someone may have been trying to peep into shower.

In addition, the sink didn't drain and there was no way to lift the stopper. The management had to use a screwdriver.

Yes, the room was cheap, but obviously, there was a reason for that. Don't stay here, especially if you have women with you. There's something weird going on here.

Room Tip: Keep on driving down the road to another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

We found the hotel & decided to stop since we have been driving from Texas. We arrived @ 0230 am & it was very nice good price good room very nice people. The bed was we great great shower & water pressure. Will be staying again

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Courtney S
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Clean and friendly hotel. it's an older hotel that has been redone. Everything was great. The internet was good! The nice lady who was on the desk helped me with a small issue and everything good.

The location of this hotel is not great. The only food close by is a Mini mart accross the parking lot. IF you have to go anywhere, the closest food is 15 to 20 miles away. Be for warned. I'm a camper. I know how to deal with situations like this and keep a "Kit" in my car.

I liked the hotel. I liked where it was. I liked the internet. 3 out of 4 ain't bad!

I recommend the place. But bring your food! PS, Microwave and fridge provided in the room.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms open to the outside. All good.
Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Joegilliam
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Stopped here on our way to Minneapolis, Minnesota from Houston, TX. It was clean, comfortable and the staff were friendly. They had free coffee in the morning, no breakfast...
I would stay here again..

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Sergio R
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

Bare minimum but clean and in good repair. New management is getting things fixed that previous people let go. Bring your own alarm because there's no clock. No dresser either. Almost all rooms have refrigerators, all will soon. No microwave, coffee maker or hair dryer. Only a couple of small soap bars for toiletries.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Been to Motel 6 South Haven? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK