“There are better hotels. Pool is permanently shut down”

Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Reviewed 12 August 2017

I booked this hotel mainly for the pool, which is permanently shut down, so the kids were disappointed, The restaurant and bar are closed as well. The beds are saggy. The first room we were booked into had someone else's stuff in it, so we had to go to the front desk and ask for another one. The room had a moldy smell. The breakfast was fair.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Brenda K

Reviewed 30 July 2017

We were told they had a restaurant and bar. They had neither. We ask for a block of rooms, and received confirmation that we would get a block of rooms. None of the rooms were even close together. Paid for rooms at check in. Each room got a bill, pushed under the door, before check-out. I was overcharged for a room. Floors in rooms were very rough, and dirty. Had to go to another floor for ice. On check-out I was told that the bills that were pushed under the doors was 'policy'. I will tell all my friends and relatives about this place. I will never be back.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank SullyJo2016
Jodi C, Manager at Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. I wish that I knew your name and what rooms you were paying for as I am the only one that can set up room blocks and I would have made sure your guests would not have gotten a copy of the bill. Even if you would have set up a block with the Sales Office, we do not guarantee that all rooms will be together. We only guarantee that you have the rooms.

If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to call me at anytime.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

It is one of the best places in Salina to stay
Just wish they would let guest know if the pool or the hot tub is working or not before you book it !!!!!
That's the only thing was wrong with my stay (the hot tub was out of order)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

This experience couldn't have been worse. We arrived 1 week after making our reservation via telephone, only to be told we didn't have one. After raising hell, the clerk got an attitude and gave us a room. She had a very unprofessional, immature attitude. The hotel was super humid. It took 24 house for our room to cool off. The swimming pool was dirty and mirky. I don't normally complain about my negative experiences but this one was just bad enough that I have to. I will be making a call to the manager about the attitude of the desk clerk.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank DAWN T
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Walked into the hotel and immediately felt sick. There were mold in vents, unwashed towels, stains on bedding, mold leaking out of ceilings, chipped paints, rusted bathtubs, infested with mildew, and green pools. We requested to switch rooms and every room was the same. There is a reason why the hotel was empty. We were only going to stay for one night and couldn't even touch the beds. We left the hotel and rented room at Baymont Inn and Suites instead.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Riley B
Travellers also viewed these Salina hotels
0.6 km away
0.4 km away
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Salina
5.9 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Salina

Been to Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Additional Information about Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center

Address: 1616 W Crawford St, Salina, KS 67401-4581
Region: United States > Kansas > Salina
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Price Range: ₹ 2,584 - ₹ 3,746 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center 3*
Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center is centrally located in the State of Kansas. 1 mile from I135 North & South & 2 miles from I70 East and West. We have 192 sleeping rooms with 145' Water Slide, Work out room, Hot tub, Complimentray Breakfast from 6:30Am to 10 AM. O'Malley's Bar and Grill open for dinner at 5PM Sunday through Friday and Saturdays 12PM to close. Will be undergoing major renovations soon. All sleeping rooms will be redone entirely. Installation of a Water Park and Tiki Bar. A full service restaurant and lounge. Additional meeting space to our already 9,000 sq. ft. Additional Family & Executive Suites and exterior changes as well. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Hotel Salina