See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We were told they had a restaurant and bar. They had neither. We ask for a block of rooms, and received confirmation that we would get a block of rooms. None of the rooms were even close together. Paid for rooms at check in. Each room got a bill, pushed under the door, before check-out. I was overcharged for a room. Floors in rooms were very rough, and dirty. Had to go to another floor for ice. On check-out I was told that the bills that were pushed under the doors was 'policy'. I will tell all my friends and relatives about this place. I will never be back.

Room tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank SullyJo2016
Jodi C, Manager at Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. I wish that I knew your name and what rooms you were paying for as I am the only one that can set up room blocks and I would have made sure your guests would not have gotten a copy of the bill. Even if you would have set up a block with the Sales Office, we do not guarantee that all rooms will be together. We only guarantee that you have the rooms.

If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to call me at anytime.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

It is one of the best places in Salina to stay
Just wish they would let guest know if the pool or the hot tub is working or not before you book it !!!!!
That's the only thing was wrong with my stay (the hot tub was out of order)

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

This experience couldn't have been worse. We arrived 1 week after making our reservation via telephone, only to be told we didn't have one. After raising hell, the clerk got an attitude and gave us a room. She had a very unprofessional, immature attitude. The hotel was super humid. It took 24 house for our room to cool off. The swimming pool was dirty and mirky. I don't normally complain about my negative experiences but this one was just bad enough that I have to. I will be making a call to the manager about the attitude of the desk clerk.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank DAWN T
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Walked into the hotel and immediately felt sick. There were mold in vents, unwashed towels, stains on bedding, mold leaking out of ceilings, chipped paints, rusted bathtubs, infested with mildew, and green pools. We requested to switch rooms and every room was the same. There is a reason why the hotel was empty. We were only going to stay for one night and couldn't even touch the beds. We left the hotel and rented room at Baymont Inn and Suites instead.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Riley B
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

I know there are certain things to expect when renting a room rate at 42/night but that rate should not include very rude hotel front desk staff and filthy carpets. I booked this room after reading quite a few reviews and for the life of me I can't figure out how any good reviews were posted. The back parking lot had trash, beer cases and people hanging around in their cars drinking. This place obviously does only the necessary maintenance to keep things running. I'm pretty sure for the number of people staying there the staffing rate was not up to par. We only saw the front desk person in the entire hotel. The continental breakfast wasn't even to par. Very little food. I looked for the ice machine and after 15 minutes of wandering I broke down and went to the front desk. The person working decided she could not acknowledge me by making no eye contact and spoke so low I could not make out what she was saying. I had to ask 3 times where the ice machine was and by my 3rd time she raised her voice. I wasn't going to write a review at all but after the staff experience and the really bad breakfast scene I decided people really need to avoid this place. Even 42.00 was a complete waste.

Date of stay: June 2017