See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night during a trip to the east coast to visit friends. In the room there is a small sign that says non-smoking but once I opened the door, the strong aroma of cigarette smoke hit me right in the face. The floor in the bathroom area were very sticky and slimy feeling and the bed looked like something from an old fart's house. The bed was so stiff and the pillow so thin that it was impossible to sleep. I tossed and turned for a few hours before deciding to get up at 4 AM and get an early start to my trip the next day. Wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room tip: I stayed in room 138. If you get that room and you don't like the smell of cigarette smoke, please ask for another room.
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Duy T
Reviewed 9 February 2014

In the past I've loved this place. Have stayed several times. Good rooms, well kept, friendly managers, very reasonable breakfast.

Unfortunately, sometime in Nov 2013 (?) ownership changed. I have not been here for a year, so I don't know if it was already getting run down... but oh how things have changed.

I don't blame the manager -- he has a very difficult task. Essentially, there's a LOT of delayed maintenance, and given the state of the rooms, they should probably limit the number of rooms available so they can concentrate on keeping a few rooms in really good condition.

We stayed on a cold night. The heater didn't work at all in the first room. Bathroom not well cleaned in the second. Slippery ice everywhere, creating danger of a fall... and minimal "ice melt" crystals used. There's a BIG parking lot... why not just close off most of the property so that part of it can be maintained?

Continental breakfast is below average. Just a few prepackaged sugary-bits. No protein. We went to the nearby McDonald's.

I won't be back until I hear that there have been some major changes.

Room tip: Pick something near the office; perhaps those are better maintained?
Date of stay: December 2013
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on 3 separate weeks. Our room had been remodeled. Had a king bed & sleeper sofa. Got a great deal. Bed was a comfortable, firm king and my daughter had no complaints on the comfort of the sofa/sleeper. You are taken aback from the outside. It is in major need of an update, looks old and a little run down. But don't let that fool you. Our room was spacious & clean. Had French doors, a microwave and half refrigerator. Sink was out side the bath area(which we prefer). There was tile flooring at sink and marble in the shower/bath. Staff was friendly, especially the maid service. Will definitely stay here again. (We were here in August. Motels cannot always control the clientele it has booked. Especially from outside online companies)

Date of stay: September 2013
1  Thank LisaInVancouver
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We were on a road trip and needed a motel since we were traveling w our dogs and only were stopping over for a few hours of sleep. I chose this as the reviews sounded ok. Booked on expedia on my phone while on the road. On the internet phone, did not see anything that said non-refundable. I had never had a problem booking w Expedia in the past.

Showed up to the motel and it was uninhabitable. Looked like a run down crack motel/house. Multiple strung out people wandering the parking lot, but absolutely no cars. People hanging out in front of their rooms chain smoking in their pajamas at 6 pm. We did not stay and the owner told us that we needed to call Expedia to get the refund since we booked thru them. Expedia said the motel charged our card and would not refund it even though we did not even barely open the door to the room. I felt unsafe staying there or even parking my car there.
We left and went to La Quinta Inn and it was nice, safe, and clean.
Overall horrible experience and very disappointed with motel and Expedia for lack of customer support in this dealing w this motel they unfortunately represent falsely on their website.
Clearly some of these other reviews are from the owners and their family; there is no way I can believe actual people could stay here and rate it adequate. Will try to post photos when i am able.

This is a town mainly of motels; there are many other options if you have to stay.

Room tip: Stay away. This is a town of motels, many other options. Would rate less than 1 star if able.
Date of stay: August 2013
3  Thank ktmoxie
Reviewed 28 July 2013

nasty rude man at desk. dark, old, smelly room on back side of motel! Pictures on trip advisor can't be of room 170. Checked in but told them I couldn't stay there. Pool had bugs in it and dirt on the bottom. Room was very dark and very outdated. I didn't feel like I would be able to sleep there. My 6 yr old grandson didn't like it either and was happy when I got a Days Inn Room. Man at desk was very rude and nasty and hatefull when I told him I couldn't stay. He told me to "GET OUT!" and grabbed for the room key.

Date of stay: July 2013