“Relaxing and enjoyable”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Farm House Stay

Cozy and warm
Queen bedroom
Full bedroom
Kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Faye P
“Relaxing and enjoyable”
Reviewed 15 July 2021 for a stay in July 2021

I love farmhouses, and this one fit the bill to a T. It made for a great place to relax at the end of the day after house hunting. Our dogs loved having room to run, and the nice cool floors to lay on at the end of a hot day. Everything one could possibly need was provided. It was so nice to have the washer and dryer available, so when I got home that was one less thing I had to do. Debbie (the owner) was available, friendly and prompt to respond on everything we needed help with. I would most definitely stay there again!

Date of stay: July 2021
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
93christi...
“Relaxing and quiet”
Reviewed 5 July 2021 for a stay in July 2021

Cute and well appointed little home with huge amounts of charm. Very quiet and away from everyone except for a few cows. Plenty of well manicured lawn, with both shade and sun. We enjoyed our stay, just was not long enough.

Date of stay: July 2021
MelHyatt
“Wonderful stay....”
Reviewed 29 June 2021 for a stay in June 2021

Was just an amazing stay all around. Debbie was so very helpful when we had questions and when I got lost!
Quiet, cozy, close to town but you feel like you are in the country. The best part.......THE SHOWER

Date of stay: June 2021
Meander02...
“Save yourself the trouble”
Reviewed 22 July 2020 for a stay in May 2020

If possible to rate my stay lower than 1/5, I would. To start with the house itself there are a few problems. The first one being that some of the ceilings and doorways are under 6' tall. While this may not seem like a huge issue, it is awful to be cleaning the dishes or walking into the bathroom and hitting your head over and over again. The next item on the list is the awful dirt/rock road on which the house resides. You will spend a quarter mile every day driving over this uneven terrain. The worst aspect of the house would be the two uneven doors that attach to the laundry room. They have gaps large enough to allow bugs of all shapes and sizes in. It was not a rare occurrence to come home from work and find a spider or hornet in the room. These reasons paired with my own negative experience dealing with the owner are why I must give this facility a low score.

Date of stay: May 2020
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Deborah S
“Perfect place to rewind!”
Reviewed 13 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

My husband, in-laws & 2 small dogs needed a place to rest our weary heads en route from Iowa back home to Texas. After a 10 hour drive, Debbie's place was just what we needed. Near town but in a country setting, this cute farm house is precious inside & out. Completely renovated, Debbie has put her special touches throughout the house while preserving the original charm. A plate of chocolate chip cookies & freshly prepared lemonade in the refrigerator, along with Debbie's warm welcome, was the perfect ending for a long day. No hotel will beat this experience!

Date of stay: July 2016
Management Response
13 Jul 2016
Deb, I so enjoyed meeting you, your husband, in-laws (Glen with one N), and your fur babies.
And I'm delighted to know that The FarmHouse help melt away your stress from all those road miles.
Please do visit again, if you're in our area.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing