All reviews evening reception happy hour made to order breakfast free drinks omelet kansas city room suite an older hotel complimentary breakfast kc area soccer interstate
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We always stay here when we go to Chiefs or Royals games. Hotel is clean, staff is friendly, complimentary evening reception and breakfast, made to order. Having to pay $7 per night for parking is silly, but at least the rooms are less expensive than comparable hotels in the area.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2018

The beds were a little hard but I sllep on a sleep# at home. The breakfast is great fresh food & omelets & eggs to order. Did not get to enjoy the happy hour this visit due to schedule, but in past visits it has been great!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2018

It was imperative that the hotel selected needed to exceed beyond expectations. We were taking care of a High School (67) friend that had some declining health issues. The hotel did that by providing a handicap accessible room and bath.Location within reasonable distance to Downtown Kansas City. A great morning breakfast to start -free of charge. Hot food and sufficient time period to eat it without feeling rushed. The room was great no noise issues. Complimentary bar in afternoon tickets for drinks given upon arrival. All the staff from top to bottom were pleasant and seemed to enjoy their job. Overall it was a trip and a hotel to remember.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

This Hotel is in dire need of renovations. Our room was very dated. They re-did the tile in the bathtoom, and there was a new marble vanity, but left the toilet and tub original which were both gross. Slats were broken on the blinds leading to the atrium which allowed light to flood in all night.

The staff was very accommodating and offered for us to switch rooms, but the room we saw on the "premium floor" was no better, seemed identical really.

The breakfast buffet and made to order station was also dissapointing, with less options than usual and a made to order omelette station that used a big griddle and copius amounts of "pan spray" sprayed directly onto my food. So gross.

I pick Embassy Suites usually for the comfy beds, updated bathrooms, and the omelette bar(maybe the main reason). The bed was nice but thats about it

This is not the quality I have come to expect from the Hilton brand, and Embassy Suites in general.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
happyhmmerriam, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Hello Jason D,

I am so sorry that you did not have a wonderful experience at our location.
I will give all your feedback to our ownership about conditions and give housekeeping and maintenance
the items that need to be focused on. I will pass along over used of spray to restaurant.
We will be getting a full renovation in 2019. Let me know what we can do to make it right.

Kia Everett-Peterson

Reviewed 10 September 2018

After I completed my on-line check-in, I received a text from a "Benjamin". I responded to his question as to what I wanted and received no response - I'm thinking "Benjamin" does not exist and it is a robo-text. When I pulled in, I noticed a sign that stated it costs $7/night for self parking (kind of a misnomer since valet does not exist). The fee might have been mentioned on the website but I did not see it. The room was clean, the shower was old and showed signs of repair. As usual, asked for a tub/shower combo but was not accommodated Evening reception was good - bartender was great. Breakfast was good but I did not notice flavored cream for coffee which is available at other Hilton properties. Someone left a food service tray outside their room and it was still there at 10 am the next morning - disgusting. I tried to get ice for my water cup - no luck. As other reviewers have stated, this hotel is showing its age.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo