“Cool localpub”

Conroy's Public House
Ranked #106 of 525 Restaurants in Overland Park
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 6 August 2017

This place is in a small strip shop center. From the outside you would not think it to be very cool, but the interior is all Irish and is like many of the pubs I visited in Ireland. The food was good and the service great. They offered an Irish breakfast, which is hard to find around here. I was very impressed. My fish and chips was hot and the fish was very good. I could have used more cole slaw. My wife's Reuben was a little skimpy on the meat. Overall, very good. Definitely worth a second visit.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had come to think of Conroy's as our go-to place after being a dozen or so times. We'd both found our favorites, chicken fingers or French dip for me, and chicken pot pie or fried chicken for my husband. Staff was friendly and service was very responsive. It was a nice comfortable place with quite a bit better than average food.

About 6 weeks ago, we went in and all the staff we'd come to expect weren't there. New wait staff was fine, but starting with that visit, it took at least twice as long (or more) to get our food than what we'd come to expect. It was still very good, but each time the story they gave was that they had a very large group in the back room and the kitchen just couldn't keep up. But we kept going back, hoping each time that the kitchen issues would be resolved.

A few days ago, we went in again, and the missing staff members were back. Yeah! I ordered the French dip and my husband got chicken pot pie. Unfortunately after waiting 40 minutes for our food, with no one updating us on the status, my husband went to the bar to inquire. About that time our food arrived. We were visited by the "general manager" who said they had been servicing a very large group in the back room. He then asked if we liked the food, and we assured him we did; his response was that if we liked it, we just needed to be prepared to wait, since they prepared everything to order. He even got a menu and pointed to where it says the food is prepared from scratch. It's very fresh, yes, but I'm fairly certain they didn't roast beef and bake bread after I placed my order.

At no time was an sympathies "sorry you had to wait for your order, the kitchen was slammed" apology offered. His manner was instead somewhat confrontational.

Conroy's does have very good food, but if you go, I would recommend the fried chicken dinner. There's a disclaimer that it may take 30 minutes, but that's apparently the quickest item on the menu.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Great apps and food. Shepherd's Pie and Irish Chips are personal favorites. Extra long happy hour with great specials. Awesome Sunday brunch as well.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Ray may have moved the menu a couple miles west, but Gaf fans will still find their beloved "Irish Gut Bomb" alive and well in Overland Park. It's not a joke item - the flavors of pork tenderloin, onion rings, eggs, cheese and veggies mixed with Jameson BBQ sauce are incredible together...Plus it saves you the hassle of ordering breakfast, lunch and dinner separately. Great menu, great service, and if you're lucky as you leave, a hearty Irish brogue "See ya boys!" from Ray.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

Stopped by here last evening because I had heard great things about their Chicken Fried Chicken. It didn't disappoint. CFC is the 1st love of my 90 year old mom. She lives for it. It was absolutely wonderful. Crispy, nicely sized and served with mashed potatoes and cream gravy. My mom cleaned her plate. Thanks we'll be back. Menu shows that they served a full Irish on the Weekends. Looked like they have a meeting room and a full bar