“Quick Place and Good Value”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City/Overland Park
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Florida
“Quick Place and Good Value”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Stayed in June 2012 for one night. I had requested a room where there is not much noise. The hotel provided a room on the ground floor away from the main traffic. To my surprise, it was a large room and had a separate room for kitchen.

The hotel provides complimentary snack and drinks in the evening. The choices are limited; however, there were acceptable. The drinks included few choices for wine and Bud for beer. (As I had left the hotel early, I don't know what all they offer for the breakfast.)

As I needed to leave the hotel early to catch flight, I wanted to make sure that I got up at right now. The digital clock in the room was useless as it is not visible in the dark. The hotel's guest service staff did woke up on time.

Used the gym facility in the hotel. The facility was so so. Had three exercise workout machines; however, one of them had broken sign on it. The TV in the room did not work. The hotel staff came and concluded that the TV is broken. They eventually provided a disposable headset which I can plug in iphone or other portable devices (which can be used) while exercising.

The hotel tried to charge me 35% more for the stay when checking out. Upon looking at the bill and asking why the charged rate is different from the one being confirmed on the reservation, the staff agreed to reduce it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bob_pate
, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City/Overland Park, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Dear bob_pate,

Thank you for all your feedback about the Homewood Suites Overland Park. KS. I appreciate your comments in regards to the functionality of our exercise room. I am working with our maintenance team to fix the issues, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area.

Most sincerely,

Kimberly T. White
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 23 June 2012

After three weeks on the road this was a nice hotel. It was the first time we could go outside and not hear the traffic on the highway. Clean, reasonable price and lots of room. Recommendedfor a night or two.

Stayed June 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2012

From the moment I checked in the vapid stares and I don't care attitude of the staff of this alledge Hilton property have made me regret my decision to stay here. Dumber-than-a-bag-of-hammers FRONT DESK personal. Unwilling to comprehend the meaning of hospitality or even customer service. I thought the midwest was a friendly place, but they never got the message here in Overland Park Kansas. Breakfast is supposed to be served beginning at 6am, at 6:30 am the buffet was not even set up. There was to batter for waffles, the coffee was at least a day old, ditto on the toast/bagel selection. Simple request to front desk personel are greeted with blank stares. There are many, many other places to stay here in OPKS, GO THERE, BE HAPPY! This Homewood Suite is FUNKY SMELLING, OLD and the SERVICE IS TERRIBLE.

Room Tip: Go Somewhere Else. Slow elevators, take the stairs. Northside has less noise. Buy your own breakfa...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Richard C
kimberlytwhite, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City/Overland Park, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear Richard C.,

I appreciate the review of your recent experience at Homewood Suites Kansas City-Overland Park. I'm sorry that you had a disappointing stay and level of customer service during your stay. These types of experiences are not typical at our hotel and I have addressed these issues with our staff in order to ensure we’re providing the best guest experience possible. We apologize for the inconvenience with the breakfast buffet. Your feedback provides great insight that we will consider when updating our dining offerings. The next time you are in Overland Park, we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Most sincerely,

Kimberly White
Homewood Suites by Hilton
10556 Marty Street
Overland Park, KS. 66212
(913) 341-5576
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Got in late at night for 5 days at the hotel. Found out the hotel had been overbooked and we had no room. Wesley, the manager on duty had been ready for our arrival. He genuinely apologized and tried to explain what had happened. He had already booked us a room at another hotel very close to this one, had called the other hotel manager to announce our coming and had a written letter to cover all our expenses at the other hotel.
Now, I am not saying I wasn't unhappy about all this but anymore when you are traveling these things happen. So its not that these things won't happen but "how will you take care of me?" when it does. Wesley did a first class job of handling a very frustrating problem.
Oh, and when we did get in the room the next day it was everything we thought it would be.
Thanks Wesley!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Wilbur P
Carthage, MO
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed here 2 nights while attending a volleyball tournament in March. Lots of space in these rooms. Kitchette is wonderfully supplied with dishes along with the dishwasher. A flatscreen TV in bedroom and lving room area. Beds were very comfortable. Great place to stay!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family