Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City/Overland Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
Motel 6 Overland(Overland Park)
View Hotel
All reviewsseparate bedroomsfull kitchenliving roomhome away from homesocial hourkansas citybreakfast and dinnertwo queen bedsgreat propertyquiet locationwafflescomplimentary breakfastthe staff was friendly and helpfuli highly recommend this hotelexcellent stayan updatenice place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2012

After three weeks on the road this was a nice hotel. It was the first time we could go outside and not hear the traffic on the highway. Clean, reasonable price and lots of room. Recommendedfor a night or two.

Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 21 May 2012

From the moment I checked in the vapid stares and I don't care attitude of the staff of this alledge Hilton property have made me regret my decision to stay here. Dumber-than-a-bag-of-hammers FRONT DESK personal. Unwilling to comprehend the meaning of hospitality or even customer service. I thought the midwest was a friendly place, but they never got the message here in Overland Park Kansas. Breakfast is supposed to be served beginning at 6am, at 6:30 am the buffet was not even set up. There was to batter for waffles, the coffee was at least a day old, ditto on the toast/bagel selection. Simple request to front desk personel are greeted with blank stares. There are many, many other places to stay here in OPKS, GO THERE, BE HAPPY! This Homewood Suite is FUNKY SMELLING, OLD and the SERVICE IS TERRIBLE.

Room Tip: Go Somewhere Else. Slow elevators, take the stairs. Northside has less noise. Buy your own breakfast somewhere else. Bring noseplugs to deter funky smell.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Richard C
kimberlytwhite, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City/Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear Richard C.,

I appreciate the review of your recent experience at Homewood Suites Kansas City-Overland Park. I'm sorry that you had a disappointing stay and level of customer service during your stay. These types of experiences are not typical at our hotel and I have addressed these issues with our staff in order to ensure we’re providing the best guest experience possible. We apologize for the inconvenience with the breakfast buffet. Your feedback provides great insight that we will consider when updating our dining offerings. The next time you are in Overland Park, we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Most sincerely,

Kimberly White
Homewood Suites by Hilton
10556 Marty Street
Overland Park, KS. 66212
(913) 341-5576

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Got in late at night for 5 days at the hotel. Found out the hotel had been overbooked and we had no room. Wesley, the manager on duty had been ready for our arrival. He genuinely apologized and tried to explain what had happened. He had already booked us a room at another hotel very close to this one, had called the other hotel manager to announce our coming and had a written letter to cover all our expenses at the other hotel.
Now, I am not saying I wasn't unhappy about all this but anymore when you are traveling these things happen. So its not that these things won't happen but "how will you take care of me?" when it does. Wesley did a first class job of handling a very frustrating problem.
Oh, and when we did get in the room the next day it was everything we thought it would be.
Thanks Wesley!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Wilbur P
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed here 2 nights while attending a volleyball tournament in March. Lots of space in these rooms. Kitchette is wonderfully supplied with dishes along with the dishwasher. A flatscreen TV in bedroom and lving room area. Beds were very comfortable. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This hotel was wonderful and conveniently located. It is about 2 blocks off a busy street in a quite neighborhood. My husband and I traveled with another couple and decided to get just a one bedroom. This was adequate for us, as we planned to stay only 2 evenings and the living room area included a sofa-bed. The suite was very spacious, clean and nice. The bedroom area is large, the bathroom and vanity area included enough space that we weren't in each other's way (toliet and shower in separate room), and the kitchen was a full sized kitchen. The regular bed was too soft for me, but my husband loved it. The couple we traveled with stated the sofa bed was comfortable. Our room was on the 2nd floor, front of building in the corner. Not much of a problem with noise with the exception of a young girl's soccer team leaving very early one morning (i.e. noise from the parking lot). The breakfast that is provided was wonderful and included just about everything you could possibly want (eggs, sausage, biscuts & gravy, waffles, breads/bagels, fruit, juices, etc.). The staff was very friendly and helpful. We got a wonderful deal online right from their website. This hotel would be a great place to stay for an extended period of time.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends