All reviews small elevator a separate living area sitting area weekend visit would stay here again room was clean a bit tired queen suite included breakfast busy weekend waffles the breakfast area softball tournament indoor pool fridge and microwave ice machine the entire staff
Reviewed 8 April 2017

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights last week. The hotel is in a convenient place, lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. Rooms were large and spacious. However, walls are paper thin. There were tons of kids in for the soccer tournament. At check in they have a notice about controlling kids, etc. I had to complain 3 times about the people above me. They were running in the room at all hours of the day and night. Sounded like a soccer game above me. There were also 4 small kids under the age of 5 running around by themselves while their parents were drinking in the common area. I was disgusted. Although the staff were friendly and trying to control things, this did not compensate me for the 4 hours a night I got to sleep or the $250 bill I paid for such misery. If you post something about conduct, the parents should be given 1 warning and after that, they should be kicked out. It isn't fair to the rest of the guests to have to put up with such selfish and incompetent parents. From the other complaints, I see the manager says thanks you for letting us know. Please give us another chance. Please don't bother with that nonsense. If you aren't going to take better care of your guests at the time they are staying with you, sorry does nothing.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Rosa P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Dear ousooner66,
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us due to unusual noise issues.
I understand your frustration and I want to let you know that we are taking further steps to avoid this from happening again.
We were sold out and like you mentioned in your comments we had sports groups in house that caused a lot of noise and disturbance to other guests.
We appreciate your comments and please rest assure that we are working on this issues.

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this Marriott for four nights. It was ok on the first night, but thereafter our noisy neighbors across the paper-thin wall have been more than a little annoying.
Friday night broke us when a young soccer team moved into the hotel. Although they were an excited bunch, it shouldn't have bothered us if the doors, walls, and ceilings had any appreciable noise insulation.

The poor guy at the front desk couldn't help us much; as far as I can tell he's the only guy on staff on an incredibly busy Friday night. He was very sympathetic and professional, but ultimately the problem is with the quality of construction of the hotel, the poor decision to have a couple of large young groups of guests interspersed with the "regular" clientele, and a critically understaffed front desk.

We most definitely will not be stayed big at this hotel ever again. I haven't had any similar issues in any other KC area hotel.

...The breakfast was ok-ish, under par for a hotel in this class (Hampton Inn has better quality).

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Rosa P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear Kaihui,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about your recent stay.
We are very sorry for the noise issues you encountered. We were complete sold out and sometimes it is really difficult to control the noise from other guests.
Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences.
We hope you give us another try in the near future.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

What a pleasure to arrive at your destination of a 20 hour flight and they are ready to make you as comfortable as possible. Smooth check in and after a shower feel OK to explore the neighborhood. The hotel is convenient next a shopping mall and cater for tourist. Since the hotel is not in downtown, a shuttle is available free of charge to take it where needed, obviously within a reasonable range. Early morning when sleep is not coming due to time difference, a coffee station is available at reception. And not to talk about happy hour where residents can mingle and enjoy the hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

I got in late, after midnight and was still greeted warmly. I even got invited by another patron to a beer who saw me come in late. The room was spacious and clean and the bed very comfortable. I slept soundly for the short time I was there. I checked out at 6AM and was very satisfied with my stay. I'll come again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Rosa P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Dear John P.
Thank you for the nice comments about the staff and the hotel . We hope to see
you on your next visit to Overland Park.
We appreciate your business !!!

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Large nice rooms, very clean with comfortable beds. Hot breakfast was pretty good. I was taken aback on how noisy this hotel is. You can hear loud footsteps above your ceiling along with noisy people next door to you, it was like the building is not insulated with anything to block out sound. Very unusual for a Marriott. I don't think Marriott originally built it they may have acquired it from another company.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Rosa P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Dear Larry f,
Thank you for taking the time to fill a survey about your recent stay with us.
We are very sorry for the noise issues you encountered and glad to hear that you
enjoyed our rooms and breakfast.
He hope to see you on your next visit to the area.