“Pretty good”

Granite City Food & Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Granite City Food & Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 269 Restaurants in Olathe
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Went with my mom. She liked their bbq nachos and I did enjoy my Cajun pasta. We also had wine and a grey goose cocktail. It was pretty enjoyable but fairly pricey. I would go again.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Ugh. Floor was so greasy that it was slippery, more so in front of the kitchen exit. Floor was not only visibly greasy, but hard to walk on in my rubber-soled boots. A drip of grease ran from top to bottom of my menu; I guess they never clean these? Service: my husband got a taste of two different beers, but the waitress didn't come back to ask about ordering either of them until halfway through our meal. That was too late, and he declined. Some of the food items here have been good in the past, but there are too many other restaurants nearby to settle for this. Disappointing.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Others got food, I only got beer, but the servings were large and food seemed good. They had a wide beer menu of crafter beers. Menu appears to be for Oktoberfest and limited.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Wife received a gift card to GC, so we decided to try them for breakfast. The only option, being Sunday, was their brunch or the menu. Since we had the gift card, we opted for the brunch.

Food options were weak, few vegetables, few carving options, fatty prime rib, no ham, a few dried out pastries and crumbling cookies for dessert. Had to wait ten minutes at the omelet table because the guy was out of egg batter. It appeared that few people were taking care of replenishing items as they ran out. Tongs were missing at the trays. Instead of filling or replacing the fruit bowl, they removed it completely for several minutes to refill, so it disappeared for a while.

There was no seafood to be found, not a single, tiny shrimp, and salad choices were limited. All-in-all, it was one of the most limited breakfast brunches I've seen in a while. There were no special touches as you find at places where chefs are in charge.

The server was nice and did a good job, but seemed to be trying to handle too many tables. She brought us the check before we were half-way through our meal, and when we tried to use the gift card, she told us it wouldn't work because we had not activated it before we came. I have not had that experience before.

Long story short, we spent about $50 with tip for a very weak breakfast. I recommend anyone wanting a nice brunch with a broad selection of items visit Hy-Vee down the street.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I went here with a friend to get drinks after work. We got a Beer Flight that had at least 6 different beers very unique flavors to try. My favorite was the Banana flavored beer very good. Also our server was super friendly and very funny.

Been to Granite City Food & Brewery? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK