“Great slots, tables games, buffet, food, hotel rooms, and massive hot tubs!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mayetta
Prairie Band Casino & Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mayetta
Reviewed 20 September 2016

My favorite thing about the casino here are the friendly staff members and the evolving and always updating games, including slot machines and card tables. In addition, they have a beautiful hotel connected with a huge pool and multiple massive hot tubs. Adults 21 and over are allowed to stay in the pool area until after 2am while children have to be out by 10pm so we get to have adult fun and play! At the end, we get to retire to a luxurious hotel room and they tend to offer members (if you get a FREE member card which comes with FREE play money so you can win HUGE jackpots) FREE rooms and admissions to shows, buffets, and more. I have been to a lot of casinos and this is one of the best.

Room Tip: I like ALL of the rooms, but it is fun to look out at the pool and stuff to go down and swim.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Easy access from Topeka via highway 75. All of the staff at the hotel and casino were very welcoming and helpful. We were assigned a first floor room in the new "Garden" tower. Our room was exceptionally clean, well furnished and quiet. We did not hear any noise above our room or in the hallway. The king-size bed was comfortable with big fluffy pillows. (I always bring my own little pillow--I don't like the big firm ones that almost all hotels have now.) Our room had a nice sized bathtub, a coffeemaker, and a small refrigerator. The hotel offers high speed internet, but our room had no desk to put a laptop on. The hotel does not have a fitness room. It would be a nice addition in the future.
The casino has a smaller buffet than most casinos, but everything was very tasty and the hot food HOT and cold foods COLD. The Sunday buffet was overpriced at almost $25., but the breakfast buffet at under $5. made up for it.
I understand that the casino has over 1,100 slot machines and they were mostly very new, except for some of the old favorites. Most of the machines were penny, or quarter with some dollar and a high limit area. (I wish that there were some nickel slots on the keno machines.) I saw several folks receiving hand pays (over $1,000). They were paid very promptly--I should know--I was one. There were also table games, but I only play slots. I am somewhat sensitive to cigarette smoke, but I was not at all bothered in the casino and there was no smell in our room. We plan on returning soon.

Room Tip: The rooms surrounding the inner courtyard have nice views, some have balconies.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2016

My daughter In law and I checked into the Prairie Band Hotel. We were visiting and not paying much attention as they gave us our key. Imagine our surprise when we received when we opened the door and found -not a room with 2 beds, =but a suite. It had marvelous "walk-in rain shower" and a Jacuzzi tub big enough for 4. As usual, the room was immaculate and the service supurb. Don't miss a chance to stay and play at the Prairie Banc Casino

Room Tip: Room in one of the towers overlooking the pool. It's delightful to go out on the balcony and see...
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
prairieband c, Social Media Coordinator at Prairie Band Casino & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Hello!

Thank you for leaving your review. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Rooms in the hotel are small. Beds are double beds, not queen beds. Casino is small with less than 700 slot machines, most of which are $1 slots. Buffet was okay, but not much variety. Employees are very friendly and I received a baking dish as a promotional offer. Just an average casino and hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms closer to casino if you don't want to walk a long way.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Hello qbaird!

Thank you for your review. We are actually getting ready to expand our casino to add more slot machines. We currently have 1,100 and will add more in the next month or so. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2016

I stop often at Prairie Band Casino with relatives living in Topeka. Both the Players Club and Hotel Reservations staff are very friendly and helpful. I participated in the August Cares For Kids promo which is very beneficial to those financially strapped school districts in Kansas. With my donation of school supplies I received a hefty $200 in free play. I had good play on selected slots and a free buffet with my educator ID. Thanks again Prairie Band for a great promo - Cares For Kids!

Room Tip: One can request Garden (newer addition - great soaker tubs) or the Meadow Towers. Both areas are rea...
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
prairieband c, social media coordinator at Prairie Band Casino & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Hi Marsha,

Thank you so much for participating in our Cares For Kids Promotion. The schools were really happy to receive all the school supplies! We hope to do it again next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayetta
15.7 km away
Super 8 Holton
#2 of 3 in Holton
29.4 km away
Clubhouse Inn & Suites - Topeka

Been to Prairie Band Casino & Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK