All reviewstable gamesnice casinorv parknon smokingplayers cardventilation systemwalk in showerhot tubs aremy favorite thingbus triprooms are nicefire pitsouth dakotabreakfast buffetbeautiful hotellarge bathroomcomfortable stay
Reviewed 14 September 2016

Easy access from Topeka via highway 75. All of the staff at the hotel and casino were very welcoming and helpful. We were assigned a first floor room in the new "Garden" tower. Our room was exceptionally clean, well furnished and quiet. We did not hear any noise above our room or in the hallway. The king-size bed was comfortable with big fluffy pillows. (I always bring my own little pillow--I don't like the big firm ones that almost all hotels have now.) Our room had a nice sized bathtub, a coffeemaker, and a small refrigerator. The hotel offers high speed internet, but our room had no desk to put a laptop on. The hotel does not have a fitness room. It would be a nice addition in the future.
The casino has a smaller buffet than most casinos, but everything was very tasty and the hot food HOT and cold foods COLD. The Sunday buffet was overpriced at almost $25., but the breakfast buffet at under $5. made up for it.
I understand that the casino has over 1,100 slot machines and they were mostly very new, except for some of the old favorites. Most of the machines were penny, or quarter with some dollar and a high limit area. (I wish that there were some nickel slots on the keno machines.) I saw several folks receiving hand pays (over $1,000). They were paid very promptly--I should know--I was one. There were also table games, but I only play slots. I am somewhat sensitive to cigarette smoke, but I was not at all bothered in the casino and there was no smell in our room. We plan on returning soon.

Room Tip: The rooms surrounding the inner courtyard have nice views, some have balconies.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2016

My daughter In law and I checked into the Prairie Band Hotel. We were visiting and not paying much attention as they gave us our key. Imagine our surprise when we received when we opened the door and found -not a room with 2 beds, =but a suite. It had marvelous "walk-in rain shower" and a Jacuzzi tub big enough for 4. As usual, the room was immaculate and the service supurb. Don't miss a chance to stay and play at the Prairie Banc Casino

Room Tip: Room in one of the towers overlooking the pool. It's delightful to go out on the balcony and see the stars and watch the water below.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
prairieband c, Social Media Coordinator at Prairie Band Casino & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Hello!

Thank you for leaving your review. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Rooms in the hotel are small. Beds are double beds, not queen beds. Casino is small with less than 700 slot machines, most of which are $1 slots. Buffet was okay, but not much variety. Employees are very friendly and I received a baking dish as a promotional offer. Just an average casino and hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms closer to casino if you don't want to walk a long way.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Hello qbaird!

Thank you for your review. We are actually getting ready to expand our casino to add more slot machines. We currently have 1,100 and will add more in the next month or so. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2016

I stop often at Prairie Band Casino with relatives living in Topeka. Both the Players Club and Hotel Reservations staff are very friendly and helpful. I participated in the August Cares For Kids promo which is very beneficial to those financially strapped school districts in Kansas. With my donation of school supplies I received a hefty $200 in free play. I had good play on selected slots and a free buffet with my educator ID. Thanks again Prairie Band for a great promo - Cares For Kids!

Room Tip: One can request Garden (newer addition - great soaker tubs) or the Meadow Towers. Both areas are really nice. All amenities.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
prairieband c, social media coordinator at Prairie Band Casino & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Hi Marsha,

Thank you so much for participating in our Cares For Kids Promotion. The schools were really happy to receive all the school supplies! We hope to do it again next year.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

My wife and I took a one day trip to the Prairie Band Casino & Resort on August 17th. We booked a 3rd floor room in the Meadows Tower. The room was very nice with a walk-in shower that we love. The casino was about the right size with plenty of slots and several table games. They also have a large bingo room that we didn't use. Also had a nice dinner & breakfast buffet with reasonable prices, especially breakfast at $4.99/person. They have a couple of nice outdoor hot tubs that we didn't use because the weather outside was very warm. We found the check-in & check-out process to be very easy. All in all we thought all the staff here to be very nice and well trained in customer service and we definitely plan on coming here again.

Stayed: August 2016

Hello!

We are glad to see you enjoyed our casino. Hopefully next time you get to enjoy our hot tubs too. They are perfect during fall! Thank you for the review.