All reviews memory foam the breakfast area scrambled eggs outside patio shuttle van an honest review great night's sleep other guests flat screen tv we've stayed flint hills upon check complimentary breakfast yogurt beds lobby campus
Reviewed 22 August 2016

We came the weekend of August 19th to the 20th for our daughter's dorm move-in. The hotel while it may not look like it is very close to campus. The lobby is nice, along with the staff. We had a first floor room and while there is some outside noise that comes through, it is not bad.
The beds were super comfortable and each bed had 6 pillows. So very comfy! Unlike most hotels were the pillows are flat, these were nice and fluffy!.

We did not have the hot breakfast buffet which is from 630-930, opting instead to sleep in, and just hit up the local IHOP. They have vending machines and also items for sale in the lobby, so you are well taken care of for those snack items.
We will definitely stay the next time we are in town and bring our dog since it is a pet friendly hotel.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Allie W, Director of Sales at Parkwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and that we made "move in weekend" a little easier for you. I personally realize that can be difficult sometimes. Thanks for the wonderful compliments and we'd love for the "furry child" to join you when you come to visit again. Oh, and if you'd like to request a higher up floor make sure you share that when you call. You joined us on a sold out weekend so I'm sure there were several up late. I'm glad the beds were cozy to make up for a little noise. See you soon!

Allie / DOS

Reviewed 13 August 2016

This is a good hotel, 25 minutes walk from the Aggieville and the University. Standard is similar to a comfort inn etc., but being private the extra touches make the stay more comfortable. All the staff go the extra step to make you feel at home, the Keurig coffee machines in the rooms are a nice touch, and the bed, though very soft initially was found to be very comfortable. Its also in a quiet location and they have a shuttle van to take you where you like. Would definitely recommend the hotel. breakfast is typical US hotel fare. Forgettable but fills a gap.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for the kind review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. The Keurigs are one of my favorite things about the hotel too. We look forward to you joining us again when you return to Manhattan. Please let me know if I can ever assist you.

Thanks! Allie / DOS

Reviewed 11 August 2016

I was booked here by the company I was visiting. the location is easy to get to. the property is nice and clean. i do not know what the rates were but the hotel is on par with the Comfort Suites chain. the rooms were nice, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast was, well, hotel hot breakfast - no complaints. No USA today or local papers. It was easy to get to restaurants and bars from the hotel. The University was 5 minutes away.
Keurig coffee maker in the rooms with a nice selection of coffee.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Thanks for your review. I'm glad you mentioned the newspapers as we've discussed putting USA in the lobby (complimentary) but haven't had any requests. We used to keep the local paper in the lobby too but daily we ended up just recycling. I think we'll consider the USA one in the near future.
Glad you enjoyed your stay. If I can be of service on the next visit please let me know.

Thanks!

Allie

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We came through July 27, 2016. We came to visit friends that opened a new winery in the area. The beds were super comfy, the amenities were great, the breakfast had a large selection. We had our dogs with us and they had treats waiting at check in, breakfast, and check out. There is also an adorable little park right next to the hotel, great for walking the dogs. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Allie W, Director of Sales at Parkwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words. Parkwood is also very excited that the new winery has been opened in town and we just love the owners! I love working with them. We look forward to having you stay with us again while in Manhattan. Please let me know if there is anything I can ever do for you.

Allie Webb
Director of Sales

Reviewed 21 April 2016

The room was very clean and larger than average, had a good selection of channels on the TV. It was a little disappointing that we were not able to change rooms from the room next to the elevator. The staff should have tried a little harder to accommodate me, as I checked in early and not all rooms were full. The location is convenient to the campus. The breakfast was very good, well stocked and free!

Room Tip: Do not choose the room next to the elevator
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Julia,

First, and most importantly I am so sorry that I am just getting to a response to you when you submitted a review in April. I was going over recent reviews and yours popped up that I hadn't responded. All I can think of is that I was on vacation near the time you visited and the review email that Tripadvisor sends must have gotten "pushed aside". It was not my intent to "ignore" your review.

Next, thank you for all the kind words. I double checked your reservation and it looks like you originally booked via a 3rd party online and requested a QQ room. I'm not sure reasons but you were upgraded to one of our suites and all 6 of our suites sit on opposite sides of the elevator. I do of course agree with you that if you wanted to move and their were rooms that someone should have assisted you more efficiently. If you want to contact me with more details I can possibly find out more about why you weren't move out of the suite and into another room. My sincere apology. If you ever get the chance to stay with us again give me a call, or at least call the hotel directly so we can get you situated and you have better choices. I'm more than happy to help. :)

Thanks!