“My favorite restaurant.”

Bristol Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Bristol Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nall
Description: You list the other Bristol's in Kansas City, but not the one in Leawood,KS
Reviewed 19 May 2016

My husband and I chose Bristol for our wedding rehearsal dinner five years ago and still come back for anniversaries and birthdays. It is our go to place for special occasions - amazing menu, fantastic staff. I always have a hard time ordering because so much of the menu is "my favorite" -- Lobster Bisque, Lobster Mac n' Cheese, scallops, grilled asparagus, roasted potatoes, crab cakes, bouillabaisse... it is all so good!

1  Thank Paige B

Reviewed 18 May 2016

good food, good service, good ambiance, and pleasant surroundings. easy to get in and out of the parking lot. really fine seafood.

Reviewed 17 May 2016

I've been to Bristol several times, the latest was in celebration of a birthday and we had a party of 12 eating quite late - around 730. The wait staff were very efficient and friendly and coped very well with a large party. The specials were well explained and the drinks etc. arrived promptly as did the meal itself.

This restaurant has become something of a "go to" venue but it is decidedly upmarket in terms of pricing which is unsurprising when they serve fresh seafood in the middle of a continent. However be prepared for entrees that are north of $30. This isn't unreasonable but if you go with a party, the check will be fairly robust.

The dining room is well furnished and split into two - a main eating area that is further subdivided (there is a private room too I think) and a bar area around which are high bar stools and also small booths for 2 (possibly could accommodate 4) around the walls. I am not sure I would want to sit there unless it were to watch the TVs which thankfully only make an appearance in the bar. Why don't more restaurants dispense with TVs in the main dining room? I wish they would

The center of the dining room is a high domed, glass ceiling that reminds me of pleasant meals spent in Parisian bistros. Not sure it that is the intent but along with the imaginative lighting and light shades it is a cut above the faux ruins or unimaginative decor that is all too familiar in Leawood eateries.

I should declare that I am not a particular lover of seafood, in particular bony fish and shellfish so my options were somewhat limited but having said that, the menu is extensive and imaginative and changes with the seasons and what they have managed to procure. This is very welcome and the specials are worth pursuing. The wait staff are very proficient in explaining all the dishes and have clearly eaten most of them so can describe the flavors and preparation very well. I was eating light so ordered from the appetizer menu but the smoked salmon flatbread I selected was well presented and very flavorsome.

All our large party enjoyed their food which included spicy fish preparations, bouillabaisse, salmon, crab cakes and a number of other seafood dishes. There are land based food options also such as steak for those (like me it must be said) who typically prefer such fare.

As I mentioned before, it is expensive. It's very good though and most of us don't object to pricy food if it is well executed and this certainly was. However if you are unfamiliar with this restaurant it is well to be forewarned as to the pricing. There is a good wine selection including quite a few by the glass and an imaginative option to provide a small carafe which fits between a glass and a bottle. That is an excellent idea (not all bottles offer that or by the glass) especially for a party of 2 where a bottle is sometimes too much.

Excellent restaurant, worth a trip and I suspect that, for dinner especially, one that is a treat. Recommended.

1  Thank jerryskc
Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

A great choice for fresh fish and oysters. The service was efficient and personable. A must visit when in the area. The menu provides balance and the environment is warm and true to character.

Reviewed 8 May 2016

Met with a group of friends who live in KC to have brunch and catch up on visiting. The brunch buffet layout is awesome - 4 different serving stations covering regular breakfast items, an omelette station, luncheon items including a carving section, salads, and wonderful deserts (highly recommend the bread pudding). While the price ($29/each plus drinks, etc.) is not cheap, it's definitely worth the price considering what you get. The atmosphere is also awesome, reminds you of a Tuscan villa - will definitely on our return visit list