“Yum”

Ranked #1 of 79 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 October 2016

The coffee is good and the blueberry pancakes are the best. I don't know if they make their own mix, but they are really good. They also cook our eggs just like you want them. The service is good. The atmosphere is trains, trains and more trains. It is dated, but the food is good, inexpensive and those pancakes are great!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Good dinner at a fine restaurant in downtown Leavenworth. My wife is vegetarian and she had several options to choose from. I had a Reuben, which was quite delightful. Lean meat. Prices are much more reasonable than a similar type of place in Kansas City. We'll be back again.

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Great for breakfast. Very nice staff who do their best to get you a table as soon as they can and not leave you having to wait very long which we always appreciate especially on Sunday's when its very busy there. Breakfast is available until 12 in the afternoon. Service is fast and very smooth. They also have a good selection of breakfast specials. Lots of refills offered and they are very kid friendly. Prices are very good too.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Pullman Place is a great place to grab a hearty breakfast for an excellent price. The service is decent, the portions are large, and the food is good. The fare is pretty basic, but well-done. I had the waffles and they were fantastic! My kids and husband loved the food too!

Reviewed 5 September 2016

We were visiting Leavenworth for a Sunday Day Trip and looked on TripAdvisor for a local restaurant. The Pullman Place has good reviews on TripAdvisor and they were certainly accurate.

Even though we arrived right at noon, we were seated immediately with very little wait. The restaurant is very large with several rooms, lots of tables and many booths. Our waitress, Jessica greeted us as soon as we were seated for beverage requests. After reviewing the menu, I choose fried catfish entree. The menu tells you that the catfish entree is served with french fries and coleslaw. Jessica told me that I could select from baked or mashed potatoes or french fries. She also said that I could select from any of the vegetable sides instead of the coleslaw. The entree is also served with a side salad and a warm dinner roll. I was served six pieces of catfish that had a nice flavor in the coating. The mashed potatoes and white gravy were a little bit on the bland side. I generally do not salt anything, but I had to add a little salt and a lot of pepper to get a little bit of flavor. I ordered the vegetable medley which was steamed cauliflower, onion, pepper, and broccoli. The medley was a little bit on the over steamed side, but had a nice flavor which I didn't' need to add more salt to. My companion ordered the chicken strips as the entree with corn as the vegetable. He was served four nice-sized chicken strips. Again, just the right size portion.

The waitstaff is very attentive to refilling beverages and checking on us while we waited on our main courses.

The portions are just the right size. I could have eaten my meal without feeling uncomfortably full. But I saved some of my entree for later so that I had room for the lemon meringue pie. Yummy. My companion ended his meal with the coconut cream pie. Dessert is only $2.50 per serving and is ample in size. Very reasonably priced in my opinion.

The restaurant has a railroad theme for the decorations. This was enhanced when we heard the whistle of a train passing as we entered the restaurant.