“Lunch”

Encore Cafe
Ranked #29 of 318 Restaurants in Lawrence
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I have eaten at The Encore Cafe four times and I have loved everything I've ordered. This place is fantastic Asian cuisine. The atmosphere is welcoming and the wait staff have always been phenomenal. I ordered the lunch bento box with beef and broccoli, fried rice, and a crab Rangoon. It was delicious as always. I also love their wonton soup but it's big enough to be a meal or even share with someone. Overall great restaurant, I will definitely be back.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here, the Tom yum soup is delicious!! Entrees were mango chicken, some of the mangos were extremely tart and deterred from the overall flavor. The kari shrimp with red potatoes was off. It is to be a curry and it was very peanut butter taste. It was palatable, but very thick and too PB tasting. Wouldn't order again.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

This is a good Asian restaurant in downtown Lawrence, KS. Our experience as a family was nice. We waited about 15-20 minutes to be set, which was ok considering that was dining time. I had to call the waitress to put our order and she took it quickly, but the waitress was formal, I would not say she was nice. The food was great and each plate comes with a lot of food. Prices are fair and I would say it is cheap considering the amount of food you get. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for Asian food in Lawrence.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Since Encore opened, we have enjoyed many incredible meals. The food is consistently delicious and the service is good. We live in St. Louis and enjoy so many amazing Asian restaurants in the St. Louis area. We have also lived in San Francisco and Seattle where Asian restaurants are plentiful. So we are pretty snobby about Asian food. When we visit Lawrence, we always go to Encore at least one night and we often bring friends and colleagues (who live all over the U.S.) Everyone enjoys Encore as much as we do. Our favorite dishes are the chicken lettuce wraps, the Rice in the Bamboo Pot (beef or chicken), and pad thai but everything we have tried has been great. We plan to visit again this summer in July, 2017. Everyone who is attending the conference we will be attending is looking forward to eating at Encore!

1  Thank ginaraquel
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

I am appalled by the attitude of management to customers. I received the wrong order for take out. When I called I was passed from person to person and told at every point that I must have switched the dish with my fiends ( I called my friends and they had the right food so that did not happen). The restaurant refused to give me a replacement dish . It was not worth a few dollars for them to maintain good customer relations. Instead both the staff and management just kept insisting that I was wrong. I never write bad reviews but I am so angry that I had to write this one.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member