Hampton Inn Lawrence
The Oread(Lawrence)
  • Restaurant
Eldridge Hotel(Lawrence)
  • Restaurant
All reviewswould stay here againexcellent hotelcomplimentary breakfastcookiesquiet locationrooms are cleanexercise roomcollege visitgreat place to stayfront desk staffthe hotel staffnice roomup to datenice stayin townabove averagethird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Hampton and all Hilton properties are always very nice. The Hampton on 6th in Lawrence is just great. Those cookies are too delicious!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I'm a non smoker and the only available room was a smoking room. They new I was a non smoker and I tried getting a non smoking room when I got there but still nothing was available. The clerk and the desk told me they tried the best they could to get the smoke smell out of the room and THEY DID!! My room mate and I were very please with the room. We stayed 2 nights. Keep the windows shut and you won't be bothered by the street car noise. Breakfast was very well stocked and the hotel was busy. I would defiantly stay again here. Next time I might have time to check out the pool.

Room Tip: Keep the windows shut.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We stayed in Lawrence over the weekend and really enjoyed it. The hotel was in a great location, less than 5 min from downtown. We stayed in a king suite with a whirlpool tub. The room was super clean and bed was so comfortable. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Good breakfast also. We will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Smlygirl98
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Perhaps because it is in a college town and staffed largely by students, the Lawrence, KS, Hampton is striking for the friendliness and helpfulness of its staff. Exuding a Midwestern openness and eagerness to be helpful, the employees consistently went above and beyond the call. I was provided, at no cost, a bandage, two postage stamps, free faxing service, and apparently unlimited printing from the guest computer station. None of this should be noteworthy, but it is. The facility itself was probably above average in its class, clean and updated and well-maintained. In short, and particularly for the price, it was excellent value. I would not ordinarily review a low-end chain like the Hampton, but this one stands out as exceptional.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Mousewife
Reviewed 27 December 2010

Family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children aged 8 & 10) stayed at the Hampton Inn in Lawrence en route to San Antonio, TX. Really just wanted a Hilton property for a quick overnight and then head on our way to the next stop (HHonors members).

The hotel was well off the Kansas Turnpike (I-70), but still reasonably easy to locate. Fast food, pharmacy and other typical services were not immediately close to the property, but again easily locate-able and not at all inconvenient to make a short drive to them for dinner, allergy meds, fuel up the car, etc. Seems like it would be a nice location if you want something a mile or two from the University!

Front desk staff (Jason) greeted us warmly and was very helpful when I asked about the area dining options and Walgreens location. Definitely took his time to ensure my questions were answered rather than rushing right to the next person waiting to check-in. Check out the next morning also was completed with a smile and efficiency.

We arrived late enough that by the time we had eaten, there was not time for the boys to use the pool, but we did check it out and it seemed nice and relatively clean. Water was a comfortable temperature to a quick finger-dip test and didn't smell overly strong of chlorine nor did it seem cloudy.

I was able to use the fitness room (1 elliptical, 1 treadmill and 1 recumbant bike) and it's very small and cramped, but the equipment is still in good shape and held up to this 215lb man running on the elliptical for 40 minutes hard just fine. I checked out the neighborhood the following morning and there would've been a nice running route headed west from the front of the hotel along the busy main road (6th Street?). I should mention that guests at this hotel can use a local health club free of charge if they're ok with heading up the street a ways with their room key and ID to gain free entrance. Nice perk if the on-premise option is either in-use or inadequate for your needs.

The room itself was very nice and the entire lobby and floor we were on (third floor) seemed almost new; probably recently updated based on some prior reviews. Everything felt like good quality and the tv's were flat panel, which I hadn't seen at a Hampton recently. The king-sized bed slept very well with good but not uncomfortable firmness (I usually toss and turn all night the first night on a hotel bed due to having a comfy foam mattress at home). The boys didn't have any complaints about the sofa bed, either. The wife claims the pillows were a bit flat, for those of you that place high value on pillow quality or size/fluffiness in a hotel room.

The complimentary breakfast was very nice - the family enjoyed waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, while I downed fresh orange/grapefruit/pineapple mix with coffee and yogurt (and snuck in a little breakfast sausage, too!).

All in all a surprisingly nice stay and I would definitely go out of my way to stay at the Lawrence Hampton Inn again if I need to stay close-by. Two thumbs up from me!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family