“Vietnam Cafe-- one of the very best.”
Review of Vietnam Cafe

Vietnam Cafe
Ranked #19 of 292 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: The Home Of The Real Pho
Description: The Home Of The Real Pho
Reviewed 26 April 2016

I don't know why I have never written a review of this restaurant, as my friend and I have eaten there once a month for several months. My friend's favorite dish is the Pho- Beef Broth Soup--
Rice noodles in homemade beef broth. Served with a plate of cilantro, bean sprouts, lime wedge, and jalapeno pepper on the side.
I also like that, but I order the House’s Special Stir Fried dishes, which include cooked with your choice of meat/tofu, house’s oyster brown sauce, onions, and garlic. Served with steamed rice.
The PRICES are extremely moderate ($7.95-9.95) and the portions are very adequate-- you'll not go away hungry by any means! I enjoy this restaurant, not only for the food, and ambiance, but it is across the street from KU Medical Center, the best hospital in the KS/MO Metro area, where I have my Drs. appointments!
I'm hoping you can visit the Vietnam Restaurant on 39th and Rainbow Boulevard, KCK!

Reviewed 10 April 2016

Kicking myself for having driven past thisd place for years without stopping in. Admittedly, the outside and entrace (including sign on the door admonishing the use of 'indoor voices') are a bit off-putting. Once you get seated (which is usually instantly) and absorb the aroma and browse the menu, however, you're starting on the raod of becoming a real fan. Lots of variety here, with excellent and enthusiastic servers. I had the spicy beef soup, which was quite filling. They should serve Kleenex with it, as it clears the sinuses wonderfully. The spring rolls with peanut sauce are great, too. We'll be back--lots!

Reviewed 2 April 2016

Just down the block from the Holiday Inn Express. Easy take away orders. And the food is very good food.

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

This is one of my favorite restuarants. Food is always fresh, hot and delicious. Took my mother there after a doctors appt. she loved the Appetizer Sampler with the Sweet Potatoe fries were her fav! Look forward to going there again and everyone I've taken there has loved the food. Never disappointed.

Reviewed 17 March 2016

This place is very close to KU hospital where is used to work. So it was an obvious choice for lunch and takeouts to my place. The Pho is not bad, the fried rice and noodles are really good. The prices are affordable and service was fast. ( I only ordered takeout). Parking seemed okay but can be a problem in peak hours. Overall a decent dining experience.