2,841 results
All reviewsall ageslife guardsmagic questindoor waterparkolder kidsmagiquest gameyear oldsmini golfwater park was fungift shopcamp critterfun placegreat family funlots of funsweet shopfamily suitekids love
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Is a horrible experience and I would like to have an experience like everyone has told me about I think the staff at just fine however whenever they make a mistake I don't believe that correct or fix it anyways as they should

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Our time needed to be cut short by one day because our 3 ten year old grandsons were getting restless. We had originally planned to be there 3 days. We stayed two. Next time it would be one day if we come again.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

My wife and I decided to book a trip to Great Wolf Lodge with our two-year old daughter after waiting for a couple of months to find the right deal. We were able to find a deal on another website for $213/night after fees and taxes, and that included breakfast both mornings and a $50 resort credit.

We arrived around 2:30 on Sunday afternoon and the check-in process was very easy; they certainly have an efficient system set up for that. They make it a point that you can access the waterpark on the day you check in if you arrive at the hotel early and your room is not ready yet. Check-in isn't technically until 4 PM so we had to wait a bit for our room. The resort suggests bringing an extra bag with swimming items so you can leave your luggage in your car while you enjoy the waterpark before your room is ready. They mention that lockers are available, however they forget to tell you that the rental is $20, and only $10 of that is a refundable deposit when the locker key is returned. It seems like a pretty good scam considering how many people arrive early to maximize their waterpark time.

They offer changing rooms, however we were very uncomfortable with the set up of the changing rooms. The men's and women's were similar. You walk into a single room with three benches. There are no dividers or separate rooms. When I walked in there was a dad and his two young boys, and I felt extremely uncomfortable being in the same open area and changing into swim trunks. I walked across the hall to the restrooms and used a stall there instead.

The water park itself was tremendous. There were a couple of different areas for smaller kids, and the big slides and pool for the older kids were on the other side of the park so we didn't have to worry about older kids running over the younger kids. There were three slides for the younger kids and they were absolutely perfect. They weren't the tiny slides we have at our local YMCA's but they were small enough that our two-year old could walk up and slide down by herself without any issues. The lifeguards were extremely attentive and even acted like they wanted to be there and were having fun. I have been to several water parks where the lifeguards clearly thought it was just a job. The lifeguards at Great Wolf take their jobs seriously and I was very impressed.

After we were done swimming on Sunday we decided to head up to our room. Because people can enjoy the water park before their room is ready as well as after they check out (and until the water park closes that day), it was extremely busy on Sunday afternoon. The entire resort has two elevators. Those elevators service the water park, arcade, spa, etc. on the first floor, the lobby on the second floor, and rooms on the second, third, and fourth floors. Needless to say, the elevators were usually overloaded. The stairs are easily accessible but those are not easy to navigate when you are carrying luggage up or down to/from your room, especially with a toddler.

The other events throughout our stay were very geared towards kids. We went down to the lobby to watch the Clock Tower Show and the Bedtime Story on Monday evening, our last evening at the resort. Our daughter enjoyed both of those. There is also a game called "MagiQuest" that most children took part in. We decided not to play that game because it was an added cost and our daughter is a little too young to understand what was going on.

The breakfast was a buffet and had plenty of great options. The fresh cut fruit was delicious, and they offered everything from bacon and eggs to french toast and a create-your-own omelette station. The same restaurant also serves lunch and dinner. The pizza was very good but very greasy. They offer a crispy chicken sandwich but I was trying to eat a little healthier so I asked for a grilled option. They were able to provide it and it was quite delicious. They had several kid-friendly options as well, which is to be expected given the nature of the resort.

The rooms were very clean, especially the toilets. I know this because we visited Dave and Buster's Sunday night and I ended up getting sick overnight Sunday. However, once our room was ready and we got all the way up to the fourth floor, we found out our room keys didn't work. We had to navigate the elevator to go back down to the front desk to wait in line to get a replacement. We also advised the front desk that there was no TV remote in our room and they said one would be brought up. We never received a remote during the duration of our stay. Also, the beds were extremely creaky and loud. The mattresses were fairly comfortable but the beds kept us awake whenever we rolled over because of how loud they were.

Overall, we had a great experience. The location is terrific if you decide to venture away from the resort, but I highly recommend against it with how much the rooms cost. If you've never been and you have younger kids (2-10), I would definitely recommend visiting at least once. However, I'm not sure we would come back for the price. If we had not found a deal for the room, we would have spent at least $209/night before taxes, plus all meals and breakfast. Luckily we were able to find a deal that covered most of that. If we had older kids we would have spent much more since a Paw Pass, which is a kids club type membership that includes the MagiQuest game, costs another $70 per child.

So, in review, if you haven't been, go at least once. Then you can decide for yourself if it's worth it to return. With all of the water park options within the same distance of our hometown of Wichita, I don't think we will return.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor (however we did and did not get it)
Reviewed 29 March 2017

This was the perfect short getaway for my family. Perfect for ages 9-12. Lots to do and keep them entertained. Food was very good as well and fairly reasonably priced. They enjoyed the Wolf Den suite with the bunk beds and TV. Plenty of space for a family of four. Rooms were clean and staff was overall friendly.

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Majestic bear suite. Large enough to sleep three couples and four kids, BUT.... We brought a blow up mattress for two of the kids. The one and only Bathroom is small. The overall size of the room seemed small considering we paid almost $800.00 for one night! Now...that total payment included two day access to the waterpark. So all adults got a wristband. We had to ask for two extra bands for the grandparents. The waterpark is pretty cool. Plenty for everyone. They even serve beer! Throughout the hotel complex is similar to a resort. Shops, restaurants, ice cream and coffee shop. Several extra included activities for the kids. The location is great! Right next to several stores, restaurants and bars. IHOP gave us a discount for staying at Great Wolf lodge. I'd go back but will search long and hard for better prices!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family