All reviews felt like home recommend this hotel jc ks motel
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We've been all over the country and stayed at some places that were actual hell holes, this place is far below that.

I booked a reservation at the Junction City Econo Lodge for May 27, 2018 for my wife and I. The online reservation was made on April 20, 2018 based on the reviews at that time on the web-site. I guess things have changed!

After a long and hot drive from Norfolk, NE, my wife and I arrived at the hotel. I checked in, made payment and was assigned room number 315 by the young man at the front desk. He told me to pull around and use the end entrance. We pulled the car around and were about to enter the hotel when the young man at the desk came running out the door and said he had been instructed to change our room to number 311 because it would be much closer.

The temperature outdoors was in the high 90’s at this time. When my wife and I entered the hotel and stairwell to the 3rd floor, the temperature seamed about the same. The third floor hallway had no air conditioning or air flow and seemed much warmer than outside. Upon entering room 311, the room was hotter yet! I turned on the air conditioner because the room had not been pre-cooled. We also opened the window a little way to let some fresh air in.

My wife and I were sitting on the edge of the bed close to the window looking at my phone for directions to Walmart and a restaurant when the door was opened by and older man who said sorry and left. When we left to go to a restaurant the same man was behind the desk. I asked him “Why did you open the door and step into our room?” He is the owner or host and stated “I just wanted to make sure you were in that room and not the other.”

The room was cooler when we returned but still on the warm side. The room was not clean. There was dirt, dust and lint on the base boards. The carpet was not clean at all. I noticed in the morning all the heavy dust in the folds of the curtains on the window.

I have been a Choice Privileges member since September of 2006. I brought the stay to the attention of Choice Hotels Guest Relations. The issue was resolved by Jorge in the Guest Relations Department.

Room tip: Do not stay here.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JackSmith2456, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Junction City - Ft. Riley, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a wonderful experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback regarding the issues you had. Your comments will help us to correct these issues. Room 315 was giving to you mistakenly because there was maintenance going on and the house keeper forgot to let the front desk know. That's why we had to give you different room. And if you were unhappy with the room you shouldve let the front desk know so we can give you different room. When you sign the registration card it "states if you are not satisfied with room let us know within 15min so we can change room or you can check out. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here in June for business related and it was really good. From service to checking out. Rooms were clean and staff was really helpful. We had couple rooms here for a week. And the rate was reasonable. Next time I will be coming here with my group.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Sorry to say, this location is poor. Checked in around 10:30 p.m. on the 5/15/18, ask about food. Mgr sent us up the road, pizza... Got back to room, ate, crashed, woke up to burning smell of urine....horrable..... Got dressed and left...on way out stopped by side window, lobby closed..... Rang bell, same fella came to window, stated, that room had horrable smell of urine, and we could not stay any longer.....some woman came to window, and started tell me, too bad, if I didnt like the room, I had an 1/2 hour to let them know.....shaking her finger at me yelling...and that I had signed such.....ask for receipt and left...and sorry nothing that I was provided (receipt) stated such....they never gave me a copy of what I had signed....again poor procedure.....called my cc company asap Discover, 4:35 a.m. ...and filled complaint....also called corporiate econolodge, filled complaint....No reply as of this date 5/31/18. The people that run this facility were very unprofessional and have no business in this type of business..... Ck this yourself room 118... And sorry that I have to complain about this....it should have been handled....in a lot better manner....from mgt standpoint

Room tip: Do not stop here, poor facitlity
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Sorry to hear that you had bad experience at the hotel. But you stated you had a pet and we did give you a pet room. Since we only allow pets in certain rooms. Upon check-in it states in the registration card, if you are unhappy with the room and you can let the front desk know within 15 minutes.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Let me just say that when we booked this hotel, they advertised themselves as Comfort Inn. The lady at the ACTUAL Comfort Inn was surprised when we showed up. She then checked the phone number we had called and was angry that they were advertising as a Comfort Inn on Google. We finally made it to Econo Lodge where they took our debit card information via pen and paper. I do not know why they advertised as a Comfort Inn because comfort was out of the question. Here is a list of all of our experiences:
1. Faulty lights
2. A tub that fills up while taking a shower causing a slipping hazard.
3. Tiny towels
4. A hotel room that looked like it had gone untouched for fifty years.
The actions of this hotel are immoral and slightly illegal. Do not stay here. Turn around and don't drown in the sham known as Junction City's Econo Lodge.

Trip type: Travelled with family

We are sorry you did not enjoy your recent stay at our hotel. We will discuss your comments with our housekeeping staff to improve their performance. First we never advertised as a "comfort inn" its always been Econo Lodge, you probably made a mistake while booking the reservation sometime that can happen. And that our system wasn't working so we had no way to charge the card at the moment. So we had to write it down on a paper to charge it later.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

I had family reunion in JC and we decided to stay here. I really had great experience here and family too. Seems like the hotel did some recent renovation and the staff and service is exponential. loved this place.

• Trip type: Travelled with family