See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

I came in off the highway late at night, the overly-friendly desk clerk charged me FAR more than the advertised price, and then didn't have any change to give me, costing me another $5 or $6, that I could pick up at the opposite end of the property, a painfully far walk I didn't intend on making, which was not a big deal, until after realizing I was SO grossly overcharged. After settling in, I took my pet for a walk and the clerk guy came buzzing thru the parking lot in his vehicle, driving past me twice before finally slowing down to ask me if everything was alright. Was very skeevy and creepy about being out there at 3 in the morning. The outside and hallways were also very questionable looking upon checking out in the morning. The side 'security' doors also did not lock, so were basically just doors. Will stay again if I should ever find myself in desperate need of a room (as was the case, the first time) but will definitely have booking/pricing info pulled up on my phone.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Very affordable. The staff is very helpful and willing to do anything to make their feel at home. Clean rooms. Recently remodeled and did I say very affordable. Close to downtown. And a short hike to multiple restaurants and even a walmart.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank bmtanzey
Reviewed 1 August 2016

I stayed at this RUN DOWN hotel from July 22 through July 26th. The reasonable price is why I chose this hotel over the phone. My son who is stationed at Fort Riley suggested it since it was close to the base and he assumed is was nice because he went into the lobby area. THAT IS THE ONLY PART THAT YOU COULD REFER TO AS NICE. They had to move me from the first room because the air wasn't working. The second room had air but that was the only thing good about the room. There was no screens on the windows so anything could have flown in had I decided to get some fresh air. They moved us up stairs and it was constantly hot in the hallway, stuffy and stinky. The beds were small and very uncomfortable, the pillows were stained and flat. I brought my own pillow cases but you had to fold the pillows in half to get some kind of comfort, their was black mold in the corners of the room and bathroom and the bathroom nozzles were cruddy. There was an ironing board but no iron. I asked for an iron and she said "no iron" I told her that was ridiculous that they don't have an iron in the room and that most people don't fly with heavy item such as that and that most hotels supply them. She offered me her personal iron to use while I stayed.......CRAZY!! What really upset me is that they picked a day that they had customers to spray for BUGS!! I told him that they would not be spraying for bugs in my room and around my food and clothes. I thought it was unprofessional and unsanitary for them to spray for bugs while they had guests and in their rooms. Ludicrous!! They advertised having a pool and a gym but when I asked where the gym was located she said "NO GYM"! The pool was not in use and drained but they had 103 degree weather when I got off the plane in Kansas! If my son had known that there was a Quality Inn and Best Western also in the small town of Junction City that is where I would have been. I will Never, EVER stay at this facility again. VERY DISSAPOINTED AND DISGUSTED.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank aperson1280
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

First, I'll say that they have good rates and were able to work with us a lot. We're staying for two weeks and they were able to get us the room for $27/night. Which is the only reason we're still here.
The whole place smells terrible. Like a musty old bar. The pool that they advertise as an amenity, and was a big selling point for us, isn't filled (and doesn't look like it will be anytime soon). Gym isn't open. The rooms are tolerable. Sheets smell clean. Duvet feels gross, so we tossed that off the bed real fast. The floors in the rooms need a major shampooing, like your feet get dirty just walking across them. The shower head is nice, but the overall shower seems like it needs a serious deep cleaning. Beds are tiny and not comfortable at all. Don't even bother looking at the pillows because under the case, they're all stained. (Thank God we brought our own). TV is nice. Has HDMI if you want to hook up your laptop or something. Air conditioner works well too.
We made a reservation for a family of 4, and they only gave us two towels. We asked for more, and they said the house keeper wasn't there and thy couldn't get any. So that's irritating. Outside side doors are only exits, so you have to walk all the way around anytime you come in, and they have signs saying they will kick you out with no refund if they catch you holding the door open. So running out to your car takes a full walk around the building. No supplied shower stuff, like little bottles of shampoo. Not that big of a deal, but it's nice to have it there if you forgot yours. (Which of corse I did so I had to run to Walmart, which is conveniently around the corner.)

For the price, it's tolerable. Would I recommend it to anyone else? No. Unless you're desperate for a cheap place to stay for a long amount of time, go somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

The room was comfortable, bed was roomy!! Front desk staff was very friendly!!! The building is older and needs repair, but for the cost it was good!! I've read other reviews and they don't give this hotel the credit it tries to achieve!! I did have internet!! I did have cable, maybe service the rooms more often than when people check out. They had a Continental breakfast of coffee and cereal. Great stay for the cost, and thank you to the staff!!! There were no bugs, like others said!!! Again, thank you for making me feel comfortable!!!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family