All reviews best westerns hot breakfast great breakfast real eggs smoking room room was clean great hotel to stay pet fee comfortable stay next morning waffles staff was friendly good nights sleep easy access fort riley enjoyed my stay convenient location
Reviewed 31 May 2016

We stayed Friday-Monday on Memorial Day Weekend 2016. The hotel was full and there were many guests there for some type sporting event involving teenagers and their parents. We expected a full hotel due to the holiday so this was not an issue at any point.

The staff at check in, check out, breakfast and housekeeping were all wonderfully polite and efficient. The hotel common areas were clean, without odor, well lit and nice looking. There was a heated pool indoors, an exercise room, self serve washer/dryer, ice machine and snack/cola machines. Breakfast area was clean, well lit and included news on the TV for anyone interested. The food was really good and included cold cereal, fresh fruit, oatmeal, waffles, several toppings for the waffles and oatmeal, scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits, sausage gravy, mini muffins, bread for toast, bagels, pastries, yogurt, cream cheese, jellies and butter, coffee, milk and juice.

Due to my husband's health requiring no stairs and a little extra room for his breathing equipment, we had a handicap room. Although I believe they offer several different combinations ours was a queen bed with a roll in shower. The bed was adequate but could have been more comfortable for me. This is a matter of taste though, not quality, it was comfortable to my husband. I did not wake up stiff or hurting, just wasn't like home ya know. Linens were soft and smelled nice without overwhelming dryer sheet smell like we've experienced other places. The pillows are small but they were comfortable and worked well. The other furniture, although not matching, was clean and comfortable. There was an armoire with an iron and ironing board and a luggage rack inside. The strange thing was that there was no rod in it (or elsewhere in the room) to hang clothes. We left one of the doors open and hung our clothes on the top of the unit. It was odd but it worked. The room had lots of plugs for computer and phone chargers or whatever you might need to plug in. The TV was nice. There was a microwave and fridge that came in very handy. The bathroom was large enough for a wheelchair if needed. The showerhead could not be placed in such a way that the floor did not get very wet. But when I asked for extra floor mats to fix this issue it was not a problem at all. Again the staff was courteous and quick to help.

There were only two bad parts of our stay. 1) The Wi-Fi. It was EXTREMELY slow. We ran a speed test, as we always do on Wi-Fi, and the restaurant we ate lunch at one day had faster than this hotel. It was not acceptable to be called high speed by any means. 2) The parking lot is small and only has 2 handicap parking spots. As they were not always available I believe they have more than 2 handicap spots. These were not deal breakers by any means, just things worth pointing out in a review.

Overall we were very happy with our stay and we would, if ever back in the area, stay here again. I can not say this too much......The staff is wonderful!

Room tip: Request a first floor room if stairs are not easy for you. No elevator at this hotel.
Reviewed 24 May 2016

we enjoyed the pool, it wasn't big but it was warm and felt great after a long trip. And the breakfast was great and plentiful. Really good eggs and bisquits and gravy. Yummy food. The staff was helpful in finding us scissors for a bunch of tired flower stalks we were going to present to someone. And they made us feel welcome.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Great Hotel, Great staff. We were on our way back to Arizona and were stopping along the way. There was no other reason to stop only that we were tired and wanted a great place to spend a restful evening. the next morning after a great breakfast we were on our way to the next stop. we enjoyed our stay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

We stayed here on our last night at Fort riley/Junction city area. The staff was super friendly. My daughter locked bathroom door and then closed it from the outside. So we were locked out. Manager had no problem moving us to a new room. Took a dip after dinner and loved it. My son's first time and the water was perfect. Great place to stay.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2016

The staff was very friendly. My wife and I stopped in on a "business trip/getaway" for a night, and we were able to relax. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The breakfast was scrambled eggs, bacon (some days sausage), biscuits and gravy, and tater tots! I was excited to have the tater tots, but they turned out to not be very warm. They also had waffles, muffins, yogurt, etc. It was a good breakfast to get us on our way. All in all it was a good time. They had an indoor pool, but we forgot our suits, so we will have to do that next time. We will stay there again next time we are in Junction City. We got a really good deal!

Room tip: Someone suggested to call the hotel ahead of time to request a ground floor (there is no elevator, though only 2 floors).
Date of stay: April 2016