All reviewsyogurtplace to stayfront counterbiscuits gravystaff was friendly and helpfulroom was cleanbusiness staythe wi fimovie theatervisit familycinnamon rollscoffee makerking bedhotel roomoff the highwaydeskks
Reviewed 29 July 2015

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Catlynn B, Front Office Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Iola KS, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2015

Reviewed 29 July 2015

We were very late in arriving and had trouble finding the street that led to the Super 8 in the dark, but the greeting was pleasant and welcoming. We slept through breakfast the next morning even though the pillows were well-worn and not very comfortable. But I had brought my own for the next night so it was OK. The staff did their job faithfully even though they didn't quite know how to get rid of the unpleasant odor in the room but they tried. It is always good to be back home, but then, when I'm in Iola to visit my family members, I probably will stay at the Super 8 Iola where the staff works hard and is so very accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

We appreciate your recent review. We are pleased to hear that our staff was warm and welcoming and accommodating. We strive to have great customer service for our guests. We do apologize that you found our pillows not so comfortable and we hope to be replacing them very soon. We do hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Iola.

Reviewed 25 July 2015

The hotel was very clean and suited my purposes well. Staff was very friendly. I'm a swimmer, so I was disappointed that the pool and hot tub had heater failure and were closed. When I asked the staff about it, they said, "It's been out for awhile. I hear they have to get parts from Wichita and then find someone to install it." Seems reasonable, but it didn't sound like there was much urgency. Having a pool and hot tub was one of the reasons I registered there. I get it that it's a major expense--but it's also a major feature of the hotel. I hope it's fixed before my next trip, but I doubt it.

There were also several small things that, although admittedly small, were annoying, and no one seemed very eager to correct them. Example: the lids for the coffee cups in the breakfast area didn't fit. When I asked if they had ones that fit, they just said no. I would have expected a, "Gosh, I'll bet the person who ordered the cups and lids didn't realize it. I'll make sure to report it." It was almost like it was outrageous for me to ask for a lid that actually fit. Another couple of annoying things--the juice dispenser was out of order, and the staff didn't think it was going to be fixed anytime soon. Finally, the yogurt on the breakfast bar was "Trix" yogurt, clearly intended for kids. But what about the rest of us who'd like normal yogurt? As a result, the breakfast was pretty useless to me: no juice, no yogurt, no way to take to-go coffee with me, etc.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your recent review. We do apologize for all inconveniences you had while you were staying at our hotel. The pool is now up and running and we are sorry that you were not able to use it when you were here. We strive to have great customer service and we do again apologize that you did not receive the up most customer service while you were here. We will make a note and make sure we have proper breakfast items. We do hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Iola.

Reviewed 24 July 2015

The room is FANTASTIC! Very clean, modern, A/C was on when we checked in and frt desk clerk couldn't have been any nicer!!!!! Breakfast is at 6:00. Unfortunately heater is out in the pool so pool & Spa is closed. We are going to County Fair tonight & Judging Que tomorrow!

Room Tip: People are playing cards in the dining room, can't wait.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo

Thank you for your recent review. We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you found your room nice and cool upon check in. We are also glad to hear that our front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. We hope that you enjoyed yourselves at our local fair. We hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

We recently visited Iola, Kansas to do some genealogy research. We have never stayed in a Super 8 before and were pleasantly surprised how nice it was. The employees were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were a nice size and the bed was comfy! It is an indoor hotel which I really like. The other choices were the out door type. When we go back to the area we will definitely stay there!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Catlynn B, Front Office Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Iola KS, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2015

Thank you for your recent review. We are very pleased that you had a great stay with us. We strive to have clean and comfortable rooms for our guests and that our staff was friendly and helpful. We are always happy to hear when you find our hotel up to your standards and it has all the items that you need to have a wonderful stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.