“Economical place to stay”
Review of Super 8 Iola KS

Super 8 Iola KS
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Iola
Reviewed 31 July 2015

We are repeat customers as there are only 2 hotels in this town. Rooms have flatscreen TVs but lounge chairs need to be replaced and so do their pillows. For the price, this is a decent place to stay. Pool wasn't working this week and the internet kept going in and out but usually we don't have any problem with the internet. They have a limited continental breakfast--fresh waffles, sausage gravy and biscuits, rolls, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, etc.

Room Tip: Construction going on next to hotel during daytime. Indoor pool only.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Catlynn B, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Iola KS, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2015

We appreciate your recent review. We are glad to hear that you have stayed with us before. We do apologize about the pool being out of order and the chair in your room. We have the pool back in order and we hope you can use it next time you come to stay with us. As for the chair we will have it looked at by maintenance and we hope to replace our pillows very soon. We hope see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 July 2015

We were very late in arriving and had trouble finding the street that led to the Super 8 in the dark, but the greeting was pleasant and welcoming. We slept through breakfast the next morning even though the pillows were well-worn and not very comfortable. But I had brought my own for the next night so it was OK. The staff did their job faithfully even though they didn't quite know how to get rid of the unpleasant odor in the room but they tried. It is always good to be back home, but then, when I'm in Iola to visit my family members, I probably will stay at the Super 8 Iola where the staff works hard and is so very accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

We appreciate your recent review. We are pleased to hear that our staff was warm and welcoming and accommodating. We strive to have great customer service for our guests. We do apologize that you found our pillows not so comfortable and we hope to be replacing them very soon. We do hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Iola.

Reviewed 25 July 2015

The hotel was very clean and suited my purposes well. Staff was very friendly. I'm a swimmer, so I was disappointed that the pool and hot tub had heater failure and were closed. When I asked the staff about it, they said, "It's been out for awhile. I hear they have to get parts from Wichita and then find someone to install it." Seems reasonable, but it didn't sound like there was much urgency. Having a pool and hot tub was one of the reasons I registered there. I get it that it's a major expense--but it's also a major feature of the hotel. I hope it's fixed before my next trip, but I doubt it.

There were also several small things that, although admittedly small, were annoying, and no one seemed very eager to correct them. Example: the lids for the coffee cups in the breakfast area didn't fit. When I asked if they had ones that fit, they just said no. I would have expected a, "Gosh, I'll bet the person who ordered the cups and lids didn't realize it. I'll make sure to report it." It was almost like it was outrageous for me to ask for a lid that actually fit. Another couple of annoying things--the juice dispenser was out of order, and the staff didn't think it was going to be fixed anytime soon. Finally, the yogurt on the breakfast bar was "Trix" yogurt, clearly intended for kids. But what about the rest of us who'd like normal yogurt? As a result, the breakfast was pretty useless to me: no juice, no yogurt, no way to take to-go coffee with me, etc.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your recent review. We do apologize for all inconveniences you had while you were staying at our hotel. The pool is now up and running and we are sorry that you were not able to use it when you were here. We strive to have great customer service and we do again apologize that you did not receive the up most customer service while you were here. We will make a note and make sure we have proper breakfast items. We do hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Iola.

Reviewed 24 July 2015

The room is FANTASTIC! Very clean, modern, A/C was on when we checked in and frt desk clerk couldn't have been any nicer!!!!! Breakfast is at 6:00. Unfortunately heater is out in the pool so pool & Spa is closed. We are going to County Fair tonight & Judging Que tomorrow!

Room Tip: People are playing cards in the dining room, can't wait.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo

Thank you for your recent review. We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you found your room nice and cool upon check in. We are also glad to hear that our front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. We hope that you enjoyed yourselves at our local fair. We hope to see you again next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Iola
2.6 km away
2.5 km away
Regency Inn Iola
Regency Inn Iola
#1 of 1 in Iola

Been to Super 8 Iola KS? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK