“The best in Hays”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: zip code 67601 phone number 785-321-4709
Description: zip code 67601 phone number 785-321-4709
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I love el Dos de Oro. It is the best Mexican restaurant in Hays. I recommend the Molcajete but have never had anything I didn't like. So good!

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Visited 2 years ago and thought it was great...after latest visit cannot recommend... chips had an after taste and the salsa was really thin...I ordered the combination of beef burrito, chicken enchilada, rice and beans...I asked for 1/2 of the amount of rice because I don’t eat that much and the waiter said we don’t put that much rice, trust me you will like it so I said OK...the beef in the burrito was dry and what little sauce they put on top didn’t help much, I didn’t like the enchilada although the chicken itself was good, beans were good but it was a small portion...the rice did not look appealing to me at all and was way too much and what little I tried by accident did not taste good to me...this is a small “restaurant”...really like a cantina so on the small side...on my side of the restaurant there were 2 other tables...the guy who seated me was polite but always in a hurry...the guy who took my order didn’t listen to what I wanted and I didn’t want anything extra...both these guys checked on the other 2 tables 2 or 3 times and neither came back to my table so when I ran out of water I took the glass up to the register and then they brought me a glass of water...this restaurant is next door to a cash checking place right off I-70...since the guys did not check on my table I did not leave a tip and I don’t remember the last time that happened if ever...I like Mexican food but I will try someplace else on next trip to Hays...too bad as there are 5 hotels within 500 yards.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was highly recommended. We were very disappointed in the food. Chile rellenos not sure what they were filled with. The rice was good.
The staff were very pleasant. If I was to stop again in Hays, KA I would not choose this restaurant.
Kathy

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We came here for our first visit and the food was good but it was nothing that makes it better from any other place in Hays. The meat was overcooked and was rather bland. The service was very good though.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

I wasn't sure about the place from the outside, but it was so close to the Best Western. I'm telling you...!!!...Great service & affordable.
The STEAK FAJITA QUESADILLA was to die for.
Will definitely visit again if we are in this area.
You can't go wrong!

Been to El Dos De Oros? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK