All reviews thank you so much the pub the river campsite facilities grass campers avebury toilets camping tents
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I camped here in 2012 and enjoyed it so much I decided to return with my husband for a short break. I was slightly concerned at some of the reviews posted recently which seemed to imply that standards were not as good under the new ownership. This couldn't have been further from the truth! The camping ground was even more immaculate than before (and it was pretty good then!) There is now an added bonus of a covered washing up area with running hot and cold water - OK there's only 2 sinks and one needs some work so that tap flows into the sink better but it is better than nothing! We were met by a very pleasant lady who knew we had a tent and required electrics and offered us free choice of the pitches. Being Monday the pub was closed so after pitching up we went off in search of somewhere to eat. The following day we ate at the Woodbridge. The service was great. The food was excellent and there was a range of real ales available to my husband's delight. Whilst in the pub we met the man who runs the camping side of the business. He was charming and when we asked if we had to be off the site by a certain time (as is usually the case), he told us there was no rush as they weren't busy. We paid for the meal and the camping fees on the same bill. On the day we were due to leave we had lunch in the pub before packing our gear into our car. At no time did we feel hassled or unwelcome and all the time we were there someone was constantly carrying out mainatainance work on the site - mowing the grass, repairing/buildiing fences, working on the static caravan, planting flowers and shrubs. Someone had put a note in the ladies toilet on Monday complaining about mud on the sink. Sure enough there was a small muddy footprint on one of the sinks. However I was quite intrigued as to how or even why someone would put their foot on the sink in the first place!
A couple of little niggles were the lights over the washstands didn't work and the low shelves in the showers have been removed. Also there seemed to be a problem with the floor just inside the door of the ladies facilities. However, I'm quite certain that this is on the list of maintanance jobs as the new owners seem to be working hard to keep the campsite up to a good standard.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GlampingAkela
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We were staying on the campsite adjoined to the pub so decided to eat in the pub. A big mistake.

They had a promising beer selection however they were not well kept. We were a party of 8 and ordered at 7.30pm. The mains came out at 9.30pm and were very poor. Although hungry no one completed their meal and there was no apology from the staff. They clearly thought the service acceptable. The pub should thrive but I suggest will fail as the current landlord doesn't understand what is required and is along was from even a basic understanding of cooking.

On a positive note the campsite which was good with clean facilities. I also understand the loos in the pub where cleaned to a high standard

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My mate and I were in the area doing some off road driving and were looking for a place to camp for the night. Found the Woodbridge Inn pretty much by accident but so glad we did. We were only going to stop for one night but after a 'heavy' night at the bar and rather rough following day we decided to ask for another night - No bother for the friendly hosts!
I can thoroughly recommend this site for a good, quiet place to camp. It is in beautiful surroundings - especially if you can get down by the river. The camping facilities are of a very good, clean, standard with lots of hot water for showers. The only one small thing we found was there was a bit of a queue for the early morning toilet.
We had a full evening meal on the first night and found the food to be of an excellent standard, well cooked, well presented, and delightfully served at the table by the waitress. And absolutely no complaints about the prices - very very reasonable for such a feast!
At the bar ---------- ha ha yes we remember!! Thanks Pops for your delightful presence and chat, we enjoyed every minute of it (including the vast quantities of beer forced down with the best part of a bottle of Port) Fantastic stuff.
'Mine Hosts' - Ben and Jane. Many thanks for everything guys - including putting up with us pair of tramps.
Recommendations - for any of you off roaders, give this place a try for a good nights rest. And of course it is really close to the Salsbury Plain - need I say more. Pops is a wealth of local knowledge both on places to drive and knowledge of Landies, a really interesting lady to meet and talk to.
Ben and Jane I believe have only relatively recently taken on this place. They are a friendly couple who make every effort to welcome everyone to their Inn and campsite - and it works.
Thanks very much to you all and we wish you all the best in business there.
We'll be back ....................................xx

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank chengSpalding
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stumbled across this lovely pub while driving from Salisbury to Oxford (via Stonehenge and Avebury). Just my wife, myself and our 2 teenage daughters - 4 Aussies kind of lost in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside, pushing ourselves to reach Oxford by sunset, and wondering where in the world we'd somewhere decent and pleasantly low-key to stop for lunch. What a sensational stroke of luck it was that directed our route straight past the Woodbridge Inn that early December afternoon!

As we entered, we were immediately impressed by the understated elegance of the public rooms, and the little touches telling us that this was a place with solid roots in the local community. We had the place to ourselves. Our host was the soul of English country charm and warm courtesy, greeting us with gentle good humour (and quietly amused by our predicament) and showing us to a table by one of the front windows, alongside the beautiful open fire. The food, from the extensive menu, was excellent, as were the ales (it's ok, my wife was driving), and the service was swift, friendly and unobtrusive.

All the best things you might call to mind when you hear the expression "English country pub" seem to come beautifully together in the Woodbridge Inn. A definite highlight of our time in England!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family