“Put your feet up” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Emporia
Dodge City, Kansas
“Put your feet up”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

I am currently walking across America as a means of raising money for charity. When I cam through Emporia, I stayed at the Budget Host, and what a great call! Located outside the hustle and bustle, but within reach of everything (even walking), the hotel was a nice respite from the grind of walking all day through the city. The service was excellent, and Nick and the entire staff were friendly and spot-on. I'll be staying here again next time through (preferably with a car).

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank michael t
npatel0317, Manager at Budget Host Inn Emporia, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise and Thank you for taking time to express your experience.
We really appreciate your business and thank you for staying with us, Hope to see you soon

Management
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

We decided to stay here after reading the reviews. This is a great place if you are traveling on I-35 and just need a place to stay for the night that is budget friendly. Their price was significantly less than other budget hotels in Emporia.

The rooms were way out of date, almost to the point they were retro and kind of fun (our tub and toilet were baby blue with a really interesting hand-laid tile floor). But the rooms were CLEAN, smelled fresh, and were welcoming after a long day on the road.

Our room also had a mini fridge and microwave and being a motel it was nice to park directly outside your room. Owners were polite. Beds were comfortable, and while we heard the trains the sound was not loud enough to be bothersome. We will be back on our next I-35 trip!

Room Tip: call for price, we got a bit better rate calling in than online.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank herd_of_5

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Room was oversized with lot of space and it was very clean! I did not find a single crumb of food or anything on sides. "Dont judge a book by its cover" Dont let old style exterior scare you, rooms are LOT better then looks outside. It Seemed like hotel was under renovation with new AC units, furniture, paint, bed spreads, high quality bed sheets, TV, Roof. Room and Rates were VERY reasonable compare to other hotels I looked at. There are restaurants within 1-3miles from motel. Room had 3beds in a room which helped us and our kids get good night sleep.

Location was very quiet and we all got good night sleep during softball weekend! Family who owns the place were very friendly when we asked for extra towels, we got them delivered to our room within minute with a big smile.

Stayed while son was playing softball during weekend.
We will be back Patel family!

Room Tip: AC cools the room fast so choose the right settings
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

I first heard this motel was an OK place about a month ago. A couple of weeks ago I had planned on staying here until I saw their billboard which did not say anything about WiFi. But after checking online I found the location did have free WiFi so I stopped this time. As long as you don't mind staying at a place that was likely built back in the 40-50's, this place is good. Clean, heat, quiet. It does have truck parking and online coupons for $29. Just plan ahead as there is not any food within walking distance.
One wall did have paint peeling off, which was out of place for the rest of the room. Based on this stay I'll be more likely to try Buget Hosts in other area's.
Pictures posted, so I'll keep it short.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome

-The rooms are now all remodeled, please see new pictures online.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2010

I was tired and this is the first motel I came to. The room smelled musty, the walls were beat up, needs paint, there was duct tape on the threshold (maybe holding the carpet down. Does not have a long distance carrier. It reminded me of motels from the 50's. The cost was low but even with that factor I felt it could be MUCH better. In 2010 no computer access was a disappointment.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank damial
npatel0317, Manager at Budget Host Inn Emporia, responded to this review, 4 December 2010
In 2010 times are hard, economy is bad & we do our best to save you money. Budget Host has 100% Wifi access, for less then $40 we cant provide computers for you to use in rooms. Mostly everyone in 2010 travel with a laptop and we provide free internet access for that. As far as the room, yes the room needs touch up of paint and we are working on that. The exterior is historical yes but we got nicer rooms & newer beds/bathrooms then couple other motels in town. (reviews prove this). I thank you for your review it helps us improve and lets us know what we are doing wrong.

Thanks for staying with us!