“The Bread and the Bacon”

The Saddlerock Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Our friends and us have driven 100 miles to have breakfast at the Saddlerock Cafe. I go for the delicious homemade breads and my friends go for the bacon - well, my husband goes for both! Try it - you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Took a date there and really liked the small town feeling in there and the food was great and filling. Would try it again if ever back during mealtime.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

I had the pork cutlet. Generous serving so tender I cut it with my fork. Vegetable servings were delicious and generous. Try the home made bread -its great. Amy is probably the most efficient and attentive waitress in eastern Kansas. I have had breakfast here on other occasions and it is Just as good as lunch. Can't say enough good things about the biscuits and gravy. Delicious home made biscuits. Breakfast served all day on Sunday. Atmosphere any ranch hand would enjoy. Free Wi-Fi.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Very good breakfast, prepared as I requested. Busy for a Saturday morning, which meant the food would be good. However, I would suggest changing the coffee brand, (distributor brand), dropping the price of food items (about $1 too much overall) and thicken the gravy (too runny). The rye toast, home made, was good. Older building one block off highway.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Breakfast at The Saddlerock Cafe is great. They are usually very busy, but service was still good. Their biscuits and gravy are wonderful, but get the half-size unless you have a huge appetite. The full-size is pretty big! Their home-made bread is wonderful! I haven't eaten there for lunch or dinner in a long time, but I've heard those meals are good as well. If you're looking for fancy, this is not your place. Just fairly typical small town place without a lot of atmosphere, unless you like bustling diner atmosphere.