New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Colby
Topeka, Kansas
“I Hate Liars”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

I booked this hotel exactly once, and I will never make that mistake again. They started off when I checked in, telling me that my corporate code wasn't any good and they weren't going to honor the rate I had quoted on my check-in through wyndham's website. I had words with them about that, as I had used that very same code for the stay before that, the stays after... and they worked just fine. After finally convincing them that I wasn't going to actually buy their story about the "invalid code" and I wasn't going to actually pay the higher rates, I would gladly go down the road to another hotel first... they finally honored the price, but then "didn't have the room that I requested anymore"... in other words, they have already given it away, even though I had requested it two weeks in advance.

Oh, and I requested a ground floor room... of course, the room they had left to give me was on the second floor, with no elevator.

Nice, first they wanted to upcharge me, then downgrade the room on top of it...

The room was, at best, low-end average in my opinion, and I really didn't like having to walk through groups of drunks outside the door to get to my room. I consoled myself with knowing that I would not only never again darken their door, but I would be sure to let everyone I knew know not to go there, and I work with people who, like me, travel all the time.

What can I say? I hate liars.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank kansasccw
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cottage Grove, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

I'm a budget traveler so price is important but I also want safe and clean. This place meets all those needs. Friendly front desk staff, first floor room request honored, room clean and fresh in back non-smoking building. Special note: sheets were lovely - so soft - unlike many less expensive hotels. Breakfast choices adequate. Lots of places nearby to eat. I went to Montana Mike's steak house across the highway to get the 10% discount offered to Super 8 guests. Service was great, prices reasonable and steak okay. A big old fun place to eat with lots of locals. I definitely will stay here again but will book directly with the hotel rather than on-line. The booking link through Trip Advisor promised a $10 discount that was not honored by the link, Hotels.com I think it was; even after I contacted them by phone when I couldn't get the coupon accepted on-line. A glitch somewhere I guess but a bit frustrating, too.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Riverside, Ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

It's a super 8 so you know what you're getting. Fast service, clean, friendly family running the place and inexpensive. Restaurants and gas all around. And a liquor store to grab a beer! We were here less than 12 hours but was fine

Room Tip: there are two buildings. hot tub in the main one
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

We stayed in the back building and we had 3 rooms with queen beds in them and the beds were really nice they felt like new beds. the rooms were very clean and there were no stains on the carpet, the bathrooms were good and clean and all the rooms we had were fresh smelling. we enjoyed that there was no pets or smoking allowed in the building that we were in. the breakfast was really nice and the gravy tasted great. we liked the choices we had and that they had eggs. we went to check out and we were very pleased at how nice the manager was, he asked us how are stay was and if we enjoyed our breakfast, we told him that we enjoyed it all very much and that we would be staying here again when we came back through and he said he would give us a discount when we came back because he likes it very much when people return again. so thank you Vijay Ronvelia, we will be back again soon.

2 Thank JC92648
Trenton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

We stayed here on 2 different occasions (one going out on vacation and one when coming back). We had 2 rooms reserved for both stays and when we went to check in there was a problem with our reservation, which we booked online through some other travel site, but the girl at the front desk named Wendy was VERY helpful in getting our reservations fixed and also fixed our reservations for the following week so when we came back through there were going to be no problems and sure enough when we came back through she had indeed fixed the problems and we checked in with no problem.We had rooms with 2 queen beds, they were very nice and comfortable and the linen were fresh and clean. Our room smelled great (which is rare for hotel rooms I think) and was clean. We enjoyed the breakfast they offered,the juice I think was starting to get low cause it tasted a little watered down but otherwise the breakfast was great tasting. I read a past review about the hot tub not working for a while but we were there 2 different times in 2 weeks and it was working fine, we enjoyed it both times. We did notice the doors to the back building were propped open while we were there the second time around but we did not notice any bugs and we had 2 rooms back there. I would recommend this hotel because of the great friendly service from the front desk staff (ask for Wendy she is the one who helped us), also they have very clean rooms and for a good price with a hot breakfast included. However I would recommend the back building if you do not like smoking because we dont like it and the back one is all smoke free rooms.

1 Thank KNesbit