“Very good food, will be back soon.....”

The Bull at Riseley
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Riseley
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 20
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A friendly and welcoming pub with a focus on good old fashioned hospitality. With a good selection of traditional home cooked pub food and a Seasonal menu, all freshly made to order. We open all day from 12pm and serve food up to 9pm ( 4.00pm Sunday ) WE welcome families and have a large gated garden area at the rear of the pub, along with ample parking.
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Drove past many times and always fancied stopping for food so stopped and had dinner tonight and was very surprised, it has a very lovely garden, the food was great, it was very quick and staff were very friendly.... will be back soon thanks

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Stopped here for supper on a Thursday evening. Nice comfortable country pub. Quiet with just a few regular drinkers. Typical Pub grub menu. My daughter had scampi & chips and I had Thai fishcakes, chips and salad. Good portions, well cooked and delicious. Good value at just £10 each. Can recommend.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We were camping at Wellington Country park with friends, which is down the road and decided to eat at The Bull as the weather was very wet. We booked a table for 18 people and they had no problem fitting us in.

The service was fantastic and the food delivered promptly despite various special requests.

Amazing value for money and the food was also top notch.

Would definitely recommend if in the area and looking to eat.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

A warm day garden was empty. The seats are not very comfy. We ordered our food we had drunk our drinks before food arrived one meal steak a ale pie was excellent. But mine was overcooked I had tai fishcake chips and salad it was hard to get the knife to cut the Fishcake dissappointed

Reviewed 23 June 2017

It was a hot summers day and my wife and I decided to have a relaxing evening meal out with minimum travelling distance from our home. We are poorly served by pubs in our area so looking at Tripadvisor ratings found the Bull at Riseley. The menu looked good and the prices were quite reasonable, unlike those at certain pubs that have gone upmarket.
I booked a table beforehand but when we arrived at about 7.0 pm the place was virtually empty.
The pub looked quite old and both inside and out was clean and welcoming.
We ordered drinks and food (Tiger prawn and chorizo salad and a Ploughmans). We sat outside in a garden at the side of the pub and after waited for our meals, after having brought our drinks from the bar.
Half an hour later the food arrived. The quality was good but there were a couple of small issues I had with the Ploughmans. Admittedly, the menu did say cheddar cheese but it would have been nice to have a couple of different cheeses and there was a bowl of pickled onions. I think a dozen is probably too many but that's me.
Throughout the evening there were very few customers. I wondered why as the lovely sunny evening begged for more. The Black Boy at Shinfield would have been packed out, despite the high prices.
So, come and visit this pub and keep the traditional inn alive. Already, the other pub in the village has closed so don't make this the last one.