Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We had a very nice suite. It was large, clean, quiet, and comfortable. The Inn is located adjacent to a "lake" in the Jordan Creek Town Center with several very nice restaurants within easy walking distance. The free breakfast had hot and cold choices, and the free wifi was fast.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Nocona M, Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Glad to hear you enjoyed our location, breakfast, and free internet. Thank you for staying.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center

Reviewed 28 July 2017

I made my reservations direct with Sarah, and she was delightful and gave us a very good rate, however, when we went to check out the rate she quoted us for our entire stay was now only good for the first night. We even elected to stay an extra night and were told that the rate we were quoted would be good for the extra night, but obviously it was not. However, Garrett was kind enough to fix our bill so that it reflected what we were originally told by Sarah.

When we checked in Elizabeth and Allie were at the front desk and we were given a room on the 2nd flood with no view at all. When you opened the curtains to the window, it opened to a brick wall. So I went down and asked for a different room, and they found me one on the first floor, but it too was blocked entirely by cedar trees, so I asked again and this time they moved us to the 4th flood with two windows overlooking the water features and garden areas. I was glad I persisted as this was a special trip for my wife and I and we wanted it to be special.

The next issue we had was with the television set. Apparently many of the sets in the hotel work just fine with there is a lot of natural light in the room, but in the evenings and at night, they dim down significantly making the shows hard to watch especially if there is a night scene on the show you are observing. Allie was helpful again bringing up a different remote to try and make the picture brighter but it did not help, so in the evenings in order to watch a show we had to have all of the lights on in the room for it to function properly. I later discussed this with Loren who is the maintenance man and he said that they had been having a lot of troubles with the TV's and brightness issues.

I also got to interact with Loren because our bathroom door would squeak really loudly every time you opened or closed it, causing someone to wake up in the middle of the night, but Loren fixed it and the problem was solved.

The evening food was really good and prepared well by Vicki with help from some of the other staff. This is really a great option that I wish more hotels offered, although I was puzzled by they only do it on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesday and not Thursdays too. There was a second lady named Allie who helped in the morning with breakfast and she was excellent at her job too. The breakfast was excellent. All of the workers mentioned so far really seemed interested in their work and took delight in helping the guests. I observed this on several occasions.

There is an outside patio area with lots of tables and lounge chairs too, but this area is very messy, with cigarette butts and paper on the ground, dirty tables plus dirt and landscape bark littering much of the sidewalks. I spoke to Tammie about this as she works as a supervisor in keeping the hotel clean. She told me that they did not have an outside maintenance person, so she asked someone to clean it up, but the guy we observed only straightened the chairs without doing anything else. So we took it on ourselves to straighten the chairs around the tables each morning. There was literally the same trash around some of the trees in the grass area each of the four mornings we were there. There was also a lot of dead plants, and weeds in the garden area, with no blooms on any of the flowers. This whole area just was not kept up very well and for this reason I did not give an excellent rating.

The spa hot tub was also being cleaned each morning so even though the pool was open at 10, the spa was not available until nearly noon. This was an inconvenience for us, but we adapted.

Having said all of that, the hotel seems to be in great hands for the public, but I am wondering who is higher up that we did not see that could be managing the place a bit better. Every staff person I mentioned including Allie, Elizabeth, Sarah, Tammie, Vicki, Allie in food, Garrett and Loren did a great job to make us feel welcomed, comfortable and happy, so there are no complaints there at all. And yes, I would stay here again!

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th flood facing the courtyard
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Nocona M, General Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear your stay with us was not problem free. Our goal is to always make sure each guest feels welcomed and cared for. I have passed along your comment and will follow up with each department. Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your special trip. We hope we have the pleasure to see you and your wife in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

The staff at the hotel were amazing! We had a group stay for a softball tournament and Allie and her staff (especially the kitchen staff)were wonderful. I can't say enough good. If we needed something, they were there to accommodate. We used the grill for team cookouts on two separate occasions and if we needed something they stepped up! The beds were comfortable. Have the kitchen and all the utensils needed made the trip so easy to pack. Plus the hotel is in the best location possible. Plenty of restaurants and a mall all within walking distance by a beautiful pond.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Nocona M, General Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thank you for sharing. Kevin, it was our pleasure to have your team stay with us for a few days! I think we had as much fun as you all did! I will pass along the glowing comments to Allie and her team, they truly have a passion for providing a memorable experience. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to the Des Moines area. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

This is a reluctant 4 star. This hotel is more like a dog kennel where their owners decided to board up with their critters. My husband was attacked by a wiener dog, it's owner was a woman smoking outside by the door. Then we had dog neighbors and every time we walked by or went in and out, the dog would bark, which would set off another dog from another room, which would set off yet another dog. A trio of crazy dogs upon every coming and going! There are ladies walking their stupid dogs next to the open serve food. We had to go out and buy groceries to avoid the filth and dander coming off the dogs just to avoid breakfast. They did have more than the average continental breakfast.

Their "GPS address" from the website, 160 S 68th is not accurate. This hotel is located across the street from the Cinema. We kept getting lost and wasted a half hour off our life listening to GPS directions.

The rooms, even for a full 1 bedroom, are too tiny and cramped. There's no place to put suitcases!!! I had to move the TV to try to balance my poor bag. We've stayed at plenty of residence inn's, even in NY and Chicago, and this is by far, the tiniest one.

There is mildew or rusty rot on the tile by the tub, burned out light bulbs, and strange flushing action by he toilet. My husband was trying to fix a crickety toilet that wouldn't fill itself. Their promise of "food truck Wednesdays," was broken by serving smores.

It was quiet in the neighborhood at night. (Besides the howling and yapping of dogs.) Didn't hear many noises (well, I did hear the neighbor's explosion ??? that woke me up at 6am.) The air conditioner/generator is in the bedroom, which is so loud and clanky that it kept us up all night. The second night, we turned the air off, to avoid the sudden jolt of sound.

On the positive side, the staff make an effort to be extra friendly. When we requested extra towels, the request was complied with immediately. Parking is free.

Overall, this wasn't a smooth stay but I also wouldn't rule out considering this place again if I am in town due to its location close to the mall and to my relatives.

Stayed: July 2017
Nocona M, General Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not problem free. Our goal is to make sure each guest feels welcomed and cared for, so I am delighted to hear that the staff took excellent care of your needs and made your stay comfortable.

I do hope you will consider the Residence Inn at Jordan Creek Town Center for your next visit to the Des Moines area so that we can better deliver the guest experience you deserve.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

I stayed in residence inn for 2 months in the month of April and May 2017 . I must say I felt like I was at home . The staff is awesome here . Everyone is so polite , friendly and always smiling .

Coming to the rooms , I had a one bedroom suite, so there is a door separating the bedroom from the living room/kitchen.

There is a full refrigerator, small cook top, dishwasher, etc. As mine was a long stay , I had a taken a pressure cooker with me which helped me in cooking . There is plenty of eating places and mall close by.

The housekeeping staff was awesome as well and made sure they kept my rooms clean and tidy everyday .

If i plan to come to Des Moines again , there is no doubt that i would plan my stay at this hotel only .

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

It was our pleasure to be your home away from home. I'm delighted to hear our staff took excellent care of you. We look forward to the opportunity to see you again in the future.