“clean and a good breakfast”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Waterloo
Reviewed 24 November 2017

WE stayed here this past week for two nights. The room was clean and quiet during the week. The pool area had no one in it but look nice. The breakfast was good. We have stayed here several times and will again

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Angela C, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I've stayed here for business several times, and they are consistently great. The hotel is being renovated, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff is awesome. This is a great value, especially for Choice Rewards members. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

We always enjoy having you stay with us and we appreciate your patience during the renovation period, but it will be fantastic when it is complete. Our staff will be happy to hear that they met y our expectations.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

They are in the process of switching brands. This is a big process. The staff was great upon checking in and The morning staff was great during breakfast and getting us a later checkout. The front desk and head housekeeper was very accommodating. I was very surprised and excited that this hotel had stove, refrigerator and dish washer in the room. We had plans to go out and no longer needed to do that. Was very accommodating as well. We will be staying here again!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Check in was fine, I was in a hurry and it was very speedy. The gentleman at the front desk was pleasant as well.
The first room we checked into was a mess! Upon looking the room over, I found the toilet still had poop on it, on the seat to be more specific. The bathtub was filthy, you could clearly see a soap-scum ring, it was almost black and there was still hair on the wall and in the drain. The floors in the bathroom, corners were dusty and had stuff in them, along with spots on the mirror. The main room didn't even appear to be vacuumed, you could visibly still see food on the carpet, when I pulled out the chair there were dorito chips on it too. The beds were made quickly, the nightstand had sticky stuff still on it, and the headboards had at least an inch of visible dust on it! I was disgusted, I immediately contacted the front desk and he reluctantly brought us new keys, and switched our room. Before switching I was showing him exactly what was wrong, so he knew I wasn't exaggerating and he kinda acted like this happens all the time. The second room, appeared to be cleaner, I wouldn't say perfect, but the bathroom was way more clean than the previous room, and I couldn't see a whole bunch of dust on the headboard. However, someone needs to teach housekeeping how to vacuum; sadly. -- but I dealt with it.
We stayed for 2 nights, I expected housekeeping to come in and switch our towels at the bare minimum, this did not happen, which puzzled me a bit as we did NOT have a do not disturb sign up, our room didn't even have one.
Our second night I had to go to the front desk for towels because there wasn't even any in the pool room, and my family (4) had already used our (3) bath towels the first night. -- a little ridiculous.
The pool and hot tub were nice, the pool room itself was a little gross with bug cobweb and dirt corners but the kids were happy, and the hot tub felt great. The exercise room was a pretty awesome perk as well.
There was no breakfast available at the location which seemed odd, but the front desk did say something about construction going on in the breakfast area.
I'm not sure if I would honestly stay here again, the first night I had a reaction to the bed sheets which broke me out in hives, I know the hotel is pet friendly, and I'm allergic to pet dander but I question if my sheets were laundered for me to have a reaction like that. Beds were hard and I ended up stealing pillows from the other bed my kids were sleeping in to be semi-comfortable.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2017

It's being remodeled now, so things might be better. I needed a quick 8 hours of sleep to turn around and drive the next day, and it wasn't going to happen here. From the checkin (4 people in line, nobody behind the desk for several minutes) to the noisy heater/AC to hearing every door slam in the hallway starting at about 4am, it was not a place for sleep.

I'll be staying elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Don't know.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Angela C, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

We are sorry to hear that you did not get the sleep you so rightfully deserved. We apologize for the construction causing some of the issues we try to minimize impact on the guests but sometimes it is hard to avoid. We would love to have you back to see us after the remodel is done to see the progress made.