“Meh.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Waterloo
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Check in was fine, I was in a hurry and it was very speedy. The gentleman at the front desk was pleasant as well.
The first room we checked into was a mess! Upon looking the room over, I found the toilet still had poop on it, on the seat to be more specific. The bathtub was filthy, you could clearly see a soap-scum ring, it was almost black and there was still hair on the wall and in the drain. The floors in the bathroom, corners were dusty and had stuff in them, along with spots on the mirror. The main room didn't even appear to be vacuumed, you could visibly still see food on the carpet, when I pulled out the chair there were dorito chips on it too. The beds were made quickly, the nightstand had sticky stuff still on it, and the headboards had at least an inch of visible dust on it! I was disgusted, I immediately contacted the front desk and he reluctantly brought us new keys, and switched our room. Before switching I was showing him exactly what was wrong, so he knew I wasn't exaggerating and he kinda acted like this happens all the time. The second room, appeared to be cleaner, I wouldn't say perfect, but the bathroom was way more clean than the previous room, and I couldn't see a whole bunch of dust on the headboard. However, someone needs to teach housekeeping how to vacuum; sadly. -- but I dealt with it.
We stayed for 2 nights, I expected housekeeping to come in and switch our towels at the bare minimum, this did not happen, which puzzled me a bit as we did NOT have a do not disturb sign up, our room didn't even have one.
Our second night I had to go to the front desk for towels because there wasn't even any in the pool room, and my family (4) had already used our (3) bath towels the first night. -- a little ridiculous.
The pool and hot tub were nice, the pool room itself was a little gross with bug cobweb and dirt corners but the kids were happy, and the hot tub felt great. The exercise room was a pretty awesome perk as well.
There was no breakfast available at the location which seemed odd, but the front desk did say something about construction going on in the breakfast area.
I'm not sure if I would honestly stay here again, the first night I had a reaction to the bed sheets which broke me out in hives, I know the hotel is pet friendly, and I'm allergic to pet dander but I question if my sheets were laundered for me to have a reaction like that. Beds were hard and I ended up stealing pillows from the other bed my kids were sleeping in to be semi-comfortable.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 September 2017

It's being remodeled now, so things might be better. I needed a quick 8 hours of sleep to turn around and drive the next day, and it wasn't going to happen here. From the checkin (4 people in line, nobody behind the desk for several minutes) to the noisy heater/AC to hearing every door slam in the hallway starting at about 4am, it was not a place for sleep.

I'll be staying elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Don't know.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Angela C, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

We are sorry to hear that you did not get the sleep you so rightfully deserved. We apologize for the construction causing some of the issues we try to minimize impact on the guests but sometimes it is hard to avoid. We would love to have you back to see us after the remodel is done to see the progress made.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Pretty much your standard Candlewood. I like it overall, it's conveniently located and easy to get your room from the side entrances if you get a room near them, which I try to do. I would definitely consider staying here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Very nice property that jus needs some tlc n some people to care about the property. Theres inches if dust on everything. We got to our room on friday night to settle in and came across hair covering our bed... seeemed the inside was clean tho (most important) so we called down to brett and he RAN to bring us a new top sheet. Upon further notice there was hair all over as if they didnt mop or vacuum. Anthony helped us out to make everything right. Two of the most friendly front desk people ive ever had the pleasure to meet. Went to check out and our key didnt work so went to desk to find no one. Couple mins later this girl in a black shirt comes out we tell her the situation and she says "hell no" (then made one that didnt work) maybe had amanda known our experience she wouldnt have joked... amanda definalty needs more training on how to treat customers from brett or anthony. Not to mention they wore button ups n looked like they work there unlike her black shirt.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for work, recommended by coworkers. Loved the kitchen and the desk. The bed was comfortable. The staff were pleasant and helpful. Didnt seem like they wanted to vacuum along the edges of any of the walls - they were rimmed in a deep layer of dust. Cable tv channels were crazy....but I would definitely stay here again. Located close to shopping and restaurants.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business