“Great AGM Robi”

Fairfield Inn Sioux City
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I was on a trip home for a funeral and Robi was very helpful with my rate. Sometimes hotels won't bundge on this and she was very accomadating even with a full hotel. I traveled from Colorado so evey bit helps. She was very friendly as was everyone else whenever we were by the front desk. The room was also very nice. Well kept hotel and very nice breakfast.

Room Tip: Probably the only negative is you can hear people coming and going from other rooms but this is hard...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Sioux City

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stayed a Thursday night while driving through on a road trip. Our Pricelined rate of $45 was well worth it. Clean and comfortable with great sheets on the bed and a reasonable continental breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Fairfield in Sioux City, IA. I have stayed at many Marriott properties over the years traveling. However, this hotel was especially accommodating with a staff that and manager that sincerely wanted to make sure my stay was pleasant. Free internet was a plus as well. The coffee was good in the morning as well as the free breakfast.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 1st floor but I imagine all of the rooms are clean and comfortable. It is easy to ge...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We were a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews, however, we got a great price on Priceline and decided to take it. We were greeted at the front desk by the manager, who checked us in. During a 3 1/2 week roadtrip, he was the friendliest and most efficient staff person we encountered. Cudos to him. The hotel was an clean, average "on-the-road" type of place and we had no complaints. The free breakfast was plentiful and well-stocked. Free parking and wifi were nice additions. It was a little difficult to locate being tucked in between a couple of other hotels and it didn't have a predominant sign.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Aaron E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear AuntyMoWinnipeg,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and feedback! Our entire team here takes great pride in delivering the best customer service and the cleanest of accomodations so it is always nice to hear this kind of praise. I will be sure to share this review with our team at our morning huddle tomorrow. If you ever need assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Thanks again,

Aaron Ettestad
Fairfield Inn-Sioux City

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Compliments and no major complaints about this hotel. I travel for business so perhaps my expectations are different since most nights I check into my hotel after 9:00 pm and am up and out before 7:30 am.

The Fairfield met or exceeded all of my expectations on my recent stay.

The check-in process was fast, easy and painless. I had made a reservation, speeding the process. The person at the front desk was friendly, helpful and efficient.

The room was clean, spacious, and had many nice touches including:
Lots of lighting and lamps
Very fast internet (wireless)
Television with 23 HD channels
Extra towels
Feather pillows (as requested)
A very comfortable bed
Microwave, refrigerator, iron/ironing board, coffee maker
An exhaust fan in the bathroom
A door between the bathroom and sink area (for men, this is important because we then do not steam-up the mirror after a shower, making shaving more difficult).

Unlike other reviewers, my room was very quiet and not noisy at all.

My only complaints:
I need to work when I get to my room. The desk was large and a good work space but the chair was so low it made typing on my laptop difficult. I am of normal height, but this is a constant problem in almost all hotels I stay in around the world. Easy fix: pillows on the chair.
Not enough easily accessible power outlets. There is only one outlet on the desk.
Bath towels plentiful, but small. Slightly larger than what we got in High School PE Class.
Breakfast selections could have been just a tad more healthy (would have liked a bigger fruit selection)

Overall, a very comfortable stay. I would come back again. The price/value ration exceeded expectations.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business