All reviews would stay here again stayed here room was clean kids enjoyed the pool front desk busy road this past weekend waffles boiled eggs an older hotel recommend this hotel hot tub the breakfast area highway adventureland fairgrounds iowa
Reviewed 17 September 2018

After hearing really nice things about this hotel we opted to try it out. Great rate and our room was HUGE. Loved the walk in shower instead of a bathtub. Shower head was good too. Nice big bathroom and the TV was great. Breakfast was really good with bacon one morning and sausage another. Fresh selection and well stocked. Grounds were well kept and clean. Great location in relation to the Iowa Fairgrounds. We will be back if the rate remains reasonable.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 23 August 2018

We stayed 1 night this time but have stayed here once before.
I used points to stay 2 nights and it should have been free...BUT ! They decided to charge me for 2 nights at a reduced price.So i called and talked to the manager and thought it was fixed..But i had to end up calling 2 more times later in the week after we got home.They finally gave me my money back after holding it for 4 days.Sure were happy to take my money for no reason but getting it back was a pain.
Then...we just noticed a FEE of $1.69 for a room safe that we did not use or even know that it was in the room.Seriously...???
This is a decent motel with great staff,why do you need to nickel & dime people??
Well,you lost a group of people that will not be coming back.
Breakfast: Not terrible but could be better(avoid the bacon)
Room:Nice size room but housekeeping didn't do a very good job of cleaning.
Price:Not bad for the size room we got.
Staff: The best part of staying here was the friendly workers.
Overall not a bad place to stay,just watch out for wrong billing and the stupid "safe fee"

Room tip: Avoid room 131 if you are a light sleeper,part of the room is under a stairwell(bunk bed room)
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Very clean hotel! Great value for the weekend! Quite and very friendly staff, great breakfast items to choose from or try them ALL!
AC worked! The rooms were spacious and very clean. Would stay there again!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2018

The hotel is directly east side of Des Moines. It has a local convenience store less than a block away; basically in the same parking spot. Traffic is pretty light in the area. Breakfast is pretty standard: Make-your-own waffles, fruit, (sugary) cereals, bread/toast, boiled eggs, (sugary) yogurts, packaged omelettes and sausage patties. I was supposed to have a small refrigerator but was not there when I showed up. There was some trash in the trashcan waiting for me though. Bed was super comfortable. TV and internet were good. Overall it was quiet - except I was on the bottom floor and apparently Bigfoot or some type of Sasquatch was above me.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Very noisy as it is next to a highway. Hallway is dark. This is an older hotel but it is clean. The refrigerator in my room didn’t work. For the price, there a better options in Des Moines. I probably won’t stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2018