“Service a little lacking”
Review of Ching Dow - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ching Dow
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 28 December 2014

Had lunch here recently - two of us. My companion's meal was delivered to him before mine. Not wanting him to wait on mine to arrive, I encouraged him to go ahead and eat. He had finished his entire meal before mine ever arrived! So, he basically ate alone and I basically ate alone when my meal finally was served. Not sure what happened there! The food was good, though.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Ching Dow is in many respects like the Chinese buffet restaurants that you see all over small Midwestern towns with food that is good but not by any means outstanding. However, the quality of the food has really taken a turn for the worse. Some of the menu items were lukewarm and tasted like they came out of a can. Of course part of the reason for their being lukewarm might have been that the proprietors had the air conditioning set at "meat locker". I had to use the restroom at one point and the toilet is not separated from the rest of the room by a stall as in most restaurants. This had a two piece curtain with little smiling kitties on it...very disconcerting. Some of the other items tasted like they were rewarmed leftovers. Coke and other soft drinks are available but I prefer iced tea and did not see it there. Ching Dow used to be located in Oskaloosa and I assumed moved to Ottumwa because of competition from the nearby Asian Buffet which serves only marginally better Chinese food. There is another Chinese buffet in Ottumwa and I believe I'll eat there instead of at Ching Dow the next time I'm in town. Major disappointment!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

$5.99 lunch and $7.99 dinner. Free hot tea.

All items were fresh and buffet was clean. This place has improved alot recently.

1  Thank hawkeyetough88
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I tried out Ching Dow In November,2012. Guess what I saw. It was so creepy. I was eating my food on the plate. Then I saw a rat crawling in the corner of the wall. I should knew it better. My friend already told me that. They got a problem with rats and roaches. Since I experienced this, I would never come back again.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

Good Chinese food and lots of other selections as well. fair price and clean restaurant with friendly workers. outside looks rough but inside is clean.

1  Thank Richard W