“Amazing staff lovely food”

Grandpa Greene's Luxury Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Diggle
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Our family run business manufacture extremely high quality real dairy luxury ice cream. We have recently won awards at the national ice cream competition 2017, and more recently we won 2 Gold Stars at The Great Taste 2018. Our Diggle ice cream parlour offers a huge selection of luxury ice cream & a vast selection of local sourced, freshly prepared food & drinks. **PICNIC BENCH AFTERNOON TEA AVAILABLE NOW**
Reviewed 29 October 2018

We walked up the canal and happened across this lovely food establishment. Although it says ice cream parlor it also does lovely breakfasts and cakes and snacks and of course amazing ice cream.
The staff were lovely all young but nothing was too much trouble and so helpful
I would totally recommend this for couples and families we will definitely be back with our Grandchildren

Reviewed 21 October 2018

First visit to this little cafe/restaurant, have known about and tasted the wonderful ice cream for many years. Only found out about the cafe recently. We only called in for a drink, great cappuccino.
We will be going again soon, menu looks great.
The location by the locks on the canal is brilliant
Had an excellent ice cream as well

Reviewed 10 October 2018

Waited ages, drinks came a long time before food. Eggs benedict was terrible and was drowned in hollandaise and the seasoned mushrooms were just fairly dry mushrooms or toast. We left feeling stressed because of the service and feeling we needed to eat something else just to take the taste away. Won’t be going again.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Today at 15:27

We called, today, for lunch for the first time, and I have to say it was disappointingly poor. Beautiful day, lovely setting by the canal, lunch ? not so good. Queued for about 5 minutes to place our order, they weren't doing the mezze sharing platter today. Oh well back to the menu. Wife went for bacon butty, I decided on rarebit, which the menu described as"goats cheese on toasted ciabatta with beetroot and mint marmalade, mmm. About 20 minutes later it arrived, bacon butty, fine. Rarebit, well, not ciabatta thick sliced granary loaf, not sure how the cheese was prepared, quite a thin creamy paste spread VERY thinly, no sign ar all of beetroot and mint marmalade, although some salad leaves and onion. £7.95, probably not. Anyway ate most of it ( hungry by now) and explained to the waitress that it wasn't quite as described, she said she would tell the 'chef' 15 minutes later we left, I don't know wether she did or not, but she didn't come back. I'm not saying don't go, but we never will again.

1  Thank Alan186342
Reviewed 24 September 2018

I visit this afternoon ordered my menu ;I waited and waited then ask said the print hadn’t gone to kitchen l paid on touch card ,they said they do it waited waited ask for refund which l has to wait they said l could take it with me it was ciabatta cheese toasted took one bite very salty awful l had to throw it away .I wouldn’t recommend very disappointing l have been number of times have had wait .

Date of visit: September 2018