“Awful food, disorganised service”

Grandpa Greene's Luxury Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Diggle
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Our family run business manufacture extremely high quality real dairy luxury ice cream. We have recently won awards at the national ice cream competition 2016, and more recently we won 2 Gold Stars at The Great Taste 2017. Our Diggle ice cream parlour offers a huge selection of luxury ice cream & a vast selection of local sourced, freshly prepared food & drinks. **PICNIC BENCH AFTERNOON TEA AVAILABLE NOW**
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Waited ages, drinks came a long time before food. Eggs benedict was terrible and was drowned in hollandaise and the seasoned mushrooms were just fairly dry mushrooms or toast. We left feeling stressed because of the service and feeling we needed to eat something else just to take the taste away. Won’t be going again.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 10 October 2018

Today at 15:27

We called, today, for lunch for the first time, and I have to say it was disappointingly poor. Beautiful day, lovely setting by the canal, lunch ? not so good. Queued for about 5 minutes to place our order, they weren't doing the mezze sharing platter today. Oh well back to the menu. Wife went for bacon butty, I decided on rarebit, which the menu described as"goats cheese on toasted ciabatta with beetroot and mint marmalade, mmm. About 20 minutes later it arrived, bacon butty, fine. Rarebit, well, not ciabatta thick sliced granary loaf, not sure how the cheese was prepared, quite a thin creamy paste spread VERY thinly, no sign ar all of beetroot and mint marmalade, although some salad leaves and onion. £7.95, probably not. Anyway ate most of it ( hungry by now) and explained to the waitress that it wasn't quite as described, she said she would tell the 'chef' 15 minutes later we left, I don't know wether she did or not, but she didn't come back. I'm not saying don't go, but we never will again.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 24 September 2018

I visit this afternoon ordered my menu ;I waited and waited then ask said the print hadn’t gone to kitchen l paid on touch card ,they said they do it waited waited ask for refund which l has to wait they said l could take it with me it was ciabatta cheese toasted took one bite very salty awful l had to throw it away .I wouldn’t recommend very disappointing l have been number of times have had wait .

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Looking for a decent place for lunch we followed high ratings on Trip advisor.The position is beautiful by the side of a canal.From then on it went downhill.The place itself is not comfortably equipped or attractive.There seems to be no facilities for the disabled.The toilet,one only, was some distance and not equipped for the disabled.The waiters and waitresses were very nice but found it difficult to absorb requests about gluten free and lactose free and did not get the orders correct.My coeliac friend was given ordinary toast which luckily his wife spotted.The food itself was lacklustre.Drambled egg was dry and not fluffy.The some salmon with it was of very poor quality.My gluten free tuna sandwich was poor
Scones,ice cream and omelette were deemed acceptable.Not a great experience.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Called here for well earned coffee after gym session & once we realised the time decided to have early lunch. Was wet & breezy outside but heaters were on so nice & warm in the cafe. Soup of the day was sweet chilli tomato & was really tasty-served with warm bread. My friend had avocado & egg on toast & was very impressed. Staff really friendly & food & drinks of very good quality at reasonable price so will definitely call again