See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 January 2017

On January 2nd of 2017 i came here to celebrate my 22nd birthday. My boyfriend booked the honeymoon suite for us. Seemed so wonderful on the internet. Dual shower heads, Sauna, and a heart shaped jacuzzi in our room. Needless to say, as soon as we walked into the hotel, we lasted about 10 minutes before we asked for a refund and proceeded to the Hampton Inn.

We walked in, and the mood was set, upon the front desk there was a sign saying the pool was closed. Ruining our plans to invite friends to swim for my birthday. The lights were incredibly dim, and the whole hotel design was incredibly outdated. If basically felt like I was in The Shining. I felt like Jack Nicholson and his ax were going to show up at any moment.

The hotel clerk, while being very polite, did inform us that their community Jacuzzi was still up and running, so at least we had that. or so I thought.

We arrived at our room shortly after that, and one of the perks of the honeymoon suite was that we could see the whole hotel form our room, so from the window i could see the Jacuzzi. Picture is attached but it does not do it justice. It looked murky and disgusting. Like Shrek's swamp. I was like, okay, well maybe we can all just fit in my Jacuzzi. it'll be fine. but then I turned on the water to my jacuzzi and it was Donald Trump Orange. again, the picture I have attached of the water coming out does not do it justice. A minute went by and we decided to get a refund. and head to the Hampton. Would only recommend this hotel if you planned on shooting a sequal to The Shining. This hotel would be absolutely perfect for it.

Room Tip: would not recommend any room in this hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica G
Sam P, Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2017

Hello Jessica,

We certainly apologize for your inconvenience. Issues at the hotel was informed to you upon check in so that your special day would go smoothly. Again we apologize but we are under remodel and are working to resolve many of the issues.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

The place is a dump and under construction. Best thing to do is to tear it down completely. False and misleading advertisement of pool and hot tub, both out of order with no mention of it. Continental breakfast was more like a county jail breakfast, know from work and not from personal experience. Oh btw, when you have a cooler running 40-45 degrees and leave milk in it, it does go sour. when you report it to the mean old kitchen helper and she brings out new milk, looks around, and pours it in the pitcher instead of changing it out, it doesn't solve the problem. Bathroom had pubic hair all over the floor when we entered. No change in rooms. No housekeeping. Moved night stand to plug phone in the outlet. Outlet was broken and low and behold there were 3 dried up fried shrimps, chicken nuggets, or rat embryos. Room hadn't been vacuumed. Immediately looked for bed bugs. Mattress was old and worn out. Overall a completely falsely advertised hotel and not even worth the discounted rate. Oh and the front desk check out lady didn't even bother to ask me how everything was because she was too busy talking to a friend instead of worrying about doing her job. Tempted to put in for a credit from my credit card company. If you are heading to Muscatine check out the rest of the hotels in town before staying here. the pictures online are misleading and the hotel is just shy of a roadside motel that no one would ever stay at. Probably explains the 5 cars in the lot when we got there that night.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Al S
Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

My wife and I went here for our anniversary we stayed in the honeymoon suite the staff was very very pleasant assisted us with getting to know the area and assisted us with anything that we needed. The room was awesome it had a balcony and the sitting room also had a really cool heart-shaped jacuzzi tub and a sauna in the room. It was super clean and super nice at a great affordable price I would recommend anybody to stay here

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary we stayed in the honeymoon suite and it was so beautiful very very clean and the staff was awesome. We had a personal balcony jacuzzi tub a sauna and a little sitting area to overlook the pool. I would recommend this place to anyone

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2016

I booked this hotel because of the price. The photos on the web page are at least 30 years old. When I checked in at 5:30 p.m. the parking lot was empty. Should have been my first clue. My room had not been used for a very long time. Toilet had water stains. Bed had dust all over it where the a/c vent was blowing dust onto the bed. The shower had mold. I will not stay here again. My allergies kicked in because of all the dust. I will say that the breakfast was above average for a free breakfast. The common area and pool area were nice.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business