“Don't even think about staying here. Don't say you haven't been warned”

Hotel Muscatine Iowa
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Muscatine
Reviewed 4 December 2016

The place is a dump and under construction. Best thing to do is to tear it down completely. False and misleading advertisement of pool and hot tub, both out of order with no mention of it. Continental breakfast was more like a county jail breakfast, know from work and not from personal experience. Oh btw, when you have a cooler running 40-45 degrees and leave milk in it, it does go sour. when you report it to the mean old kitchen helper and she brings out new milk, looks around, and pours it in the pitcher instead of changing it out, it doesn't solve the problem. Bathroom had pubic hair all over the floor when we entered. No change in rooms. No housekeeping. Moved night stand to plug phone in the outlet. Outlet was broken and low and behold there were 3 dried up fried shrimps, chicken nuggets, or rat embryos. Room hadn't been vacuumed. Immediately looked for bed bugs. Mattress was old and worn out. Overall a completely falsely advertised hotel and not even worth the discounted rate. Oh and the front desk check out lady didn't even bother to ask me how everything was because she was too busy talking to a friend instead of worrying about doing her job. Tempted to put in for a credit from my credit card company. If you are heading to Muscatine check out the rest of the hotels in town before staying here. the pictures online are misleading and the hotel is just shy of a roadside motel that no one would ever stay at. Probably explains the 5 cars in the lot when we got there that night.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Al S

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

My wife and I went here for our anniversary we stayed in the honeymoon suite the staff was very very pleasant assisted us with getting to know the area and assisted us with anything that we needed. The room was awesome it had a balcony and the sitting room also had a really cool heart-shaped jacuzzi tub and a sauna in the room. It was super clean and super nice at a great affordable price I would recommend anybody to stay here

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary we stayed in the honeymoon suite and it was so beautiful very very clean and the staff was awesome. We had a personal balcony jacuzzi tub a sauna and a little sitting area to overlook the pool. I would recommend this place to anyone

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2016

I booked this hotel because of the price. The photos on the web page are at least 30 years old. When I checked in at 5:30 p.m. the parking lot was empty. Should have been my first clue. My room had not been used for a very long time. Toilet had water stains. Bed had dust all over it where the a/c vent was blowing dust onto the bed. The shower had mold. I will not stay here again. My allergies kicked in because of all the dust. I will say that the breakfast was above average for a free breakfast. The common area and pool area were nice.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank rhdunn7
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

I booked a room for a night on July 6 for July 22 through the hotel directly and received a confirmation. On July 20 late at night I received a call from a hotel staff person apologizing that the hotel had been overbooked when reservations were being arranged for a large group by management without notifying the staff. Our reservation was cancelled as were 9 others.
They don't seem to know what they are doing. I would avoid them if you really want a place to stay.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends