See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 February 2018

Because of the staff here we would not think of staying at any other hotel chain. The whole Choice hotel chain is great. We have stayed at Choice, Quantity Inn and Econ Lodge and have been satisfied.
All the folks do a nice job.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dave c, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Thank you Mr. Fisher for your nice comments. We appreciate your loyalty towards our facility. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 February 2018

The room was clean, cozy and comfortable.the staff was extremely friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are visting Iowa area! They have good breakfast. It was really good stayed this mottel . Thank you

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We gladly appreciate your nice words. Such comments boost our employees efforts. We hope to see you again if you travelling in Iowa again!

Reviewed 6 February 2018

So I was doing a birthday party with some of my friends, it did not matter how many were in the room but it was pretty loud. the rooms were good enough that the sound did not disturb other guests in the buildings. Also it was spacious.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Can't really expect much when visiting Mount Pleasant. They don't have any Marriott or hilton properties around so this one is probably the most decent in the area. My family and I have stayed here in the past and it seems like they've been updating some since the last time we stayed. It's better than the Best Western next door. Rooms are clean and updated but there are some minor fixes that could be taken care of, like peeling wall paper around the hotel, light bulbs needing replacing and bigger pillows. The shower had horrible water pressure and is not designed for tall people. We were also put into a room with an ac unit that didn't work but were promptly moved when asked about it. Like I said, not much to choose from in Mount Pleasant, but this is probably the best one to choose from.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I was traveling through the Mount Pleasant area area with my family not to long ago. It was getting late and I wasn't sure I wanted to go any farther. It was already past 8:45 in the eventing and the family was tired of traveling. I was surprised to find a Comfort Inn and Suites in the Mount Pleasant area so we decided if the pool worked, we would stop for the night, let the kids swim, and relax for the evening. I called ahead and specifically asked if the pool was currently working. I don't always do this however, this time I did. The person that answered the phone told me that the pool was working and, the hotel was at less than 20% full. I wanted to sit in the hot tub while my kids were swimming so I also asked about the hot tub. The front desk assured me that the pool and hot tub were in working order.
We checked into the hotel and went up to the room. The first thing I noticed was the room had a musty smell to it. We all put on our bathing suits and went down to the pool area. I immediately noticed the lighting, out of the eight lights above the pool, only one worked. It appeared to have several bugs in the light fixture and the pool area looked dirty and not kept. My son tried to get in the pool and realized that the pool was about fifty degrees F. I put my foot in the hot tub to find that the hot tub was about the same temperature. I immediately went to the front desk and asked about the pool. The guy at the front desk told me he "didn't know anything about the pool". I confirmed that it was him on the phone when I called the first time and, he sheepishly told me it was. I couldn't believe it. He lied about the pool when I called. When I called him on it, he looked down at the floor like a 15 year old who had gotten caught taking money out of his moms purse. It was embarrassing and uncomfortable at the same time. The worst part of the night was the fact that my kids had to witness this.
The hotel manager in the morning said the pool had not worked all week and that he would remove $30.00 from the bill. The whole experience was so bazaar that I let it go instead of asking for them to comp the room. If I could go back in time I wouldn't have paid anything for the room.
Between the pool and the cleanliness of the room I've decided to let some time go by before I stop by the hotel again. Like, say, 19 years.
I actually called Choice Privileges and told them about the nights stay. Julie in customer service said there was nothing they could do... I know that's not true. Choice Privileges has given points for bad stays in the past. I was appalled at how little they cared for my business. Not only at the hotel but at Choice. After staying on the phone telling them l thought they should comp me for the stay, Julie told me she would be more than happy to remove me from their mailing list!! I can't believe any company can stay in business without customer service. Thats what built this country. I don't think the new people at Choice realize that. When I think how little it would have cost Choice to comp me a room, I have to say I will no longer look for their hotels when traveling.
I'm not going to say I will "never" stay at Choice again. Like any service of that kind, I might not have much choice. If a chain of gas stations lacked customer service, the bathrooms were dirty and, in my option had gone "down hill" from when they started, would I still fill up? Sure, if they were the only option for the next 100 miles, but if possible, I will be going the extra mile to avoid them.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

We appreciate your time for point out these issues towards us. In past 12 months we have done lots of improvement at our facility. We are currently working on renovations too. We are glad to let you know that our pool and hot tub is constantly up and running without putting out of order even a single day in past 12 months. If you decide to travel around Mount pleasant, IA again in future, please give us another opportunity so we can provide a high quality, pleasant stay to you. Please give us call on 319.385.0571 and ask for General Manager, if you travelling around here and I will be more than happy to give you satisfactory rate. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in future. Thank you!