All reviews hot tub room was clean would stay here again other hotels breakfast selection waffles cookies biscuits and gravy staff was very friendly staying at this hotel pleasant stay easy access in town walmart iowa bw desk
Reviewed 31 August 2018

My wife and I were heading back home and needed a hotel for our last night on the road. We picked this hotel due to its location. We got a reservation 2 hours before we arrived. The front desk person seemed nice and there were cookies up front, a good sign I thought. However, this hotel has issues. My main concern is security. The doors to rooms do NOT close after you enter the room unless you push hard on them. There is a back entrance, near the room we got, that was supposed to lock when closed, but it was propped open by a rock repeatedly (I shut it, but soon after it was open again). This is not good. I pointed this out to staff, and the person I spoke to did not appear to be concerned. Further, as we were leaving, there were cleaning staff about. LOTS of rooms were propped open, by sticking put the guard used to lock the doors from inside. I have NEVER seen this at a hotel. Maybe all these rooms were unoccupied, but this was during the Old Threshers event, so I'm guessing it was highly occupied. I am guessing they were opened to make it easy for staff to get in to clean. Even if the rooms were empty, someone likely could grab stuff and go out the back. The bed was ok, pillow were ok but small. Breakfast was meh. I personally would not recommend this hotel unless management addresses these safety issues.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Bobbie Jo S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mt. Pleasant Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

We apologize for these inconveniences you encountered with us. We are currently waiting for the technician to install the security lock on the side door you are addressing. We have the equipment and locks at the hotel but waiting for the technician is another thing. The doors you saw propped open are for housekeeping staff to get to the laundry and trash, none of those rooms occupy any guests or any property of any guests. We are working to address these issues you are concerned with and are preparing for a remodel as well.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Room was clean and comfortable....HOWEVER, 10 minutes after getting in our room a hotel staff member knocked on the door and immediately opened it. He just wanted to know if everything was satisfactory. #1 If I am in the room, give me time to get to the door. #2 If I am not in the room there is NO one to answer your question anyway. STAY OUT OF MY ROOM. A member of our party was in the bathroom changing clothes with the door open. YOU had NO right to open MY door.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bobbie Jo S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mt. Pleasant Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Pati, on behalf of our entire team we would like to apologize for this incident. We work hard to meet the needs of our guests and we are deeply sorry this happened. We hope you give us another chance to meet your needs in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We were here for two nights. It was a very good place to stay. We were here to visit my sister at Morning Sun Care Center. There were such polite, friendly people at the desk and our room was clean and comfortable. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Bobbie Jo S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mt. Pleasant Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Thank you for your kind review. We greatly appreciate your business with us and your taking the time to review our property. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

While the room was large and adequate the air conditioning was not on when we entered the room and it took a long time for the room to cool down. The room was pretty musty smelling. I don't know if I just got used to it or it dissipated after the air was on for a while. It was quiet and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom towel rack was rusty on the bottom. Breakfast was ok I guess. Both juices need some work in the juice machine. They were so watered down neither was good. I seek out Best Western because I love their comfortable beds and clean nice hotels. This one missed the mark a little. It was not awful just not up to best western usual standards.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Bobbie Jo S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mt. Pleasant Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

On behalf of our team, we apologize for your stay with us not being able to meet your standards. We will address these issues right away to ensure a much more comfortable stay for you in the future. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

We stayed one night in July 2018 and found our room to be very clean and quiet. The surroundings were peaceful for the most part (no traffic to deal with and only minor construction in the area). Friendly staff and helpful if you needed anything. Breakfast was good with plenty to eat. Price was right, also; affordable.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your business, and hope to accommodate you on future travels.