New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 8 Iowa City B&B and Inns
Warsaw, Indiana, United States
“Great Night.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

A friend and I stayed at the Brown St Inn last night. The whole way home today was how wonderful this place is. Mark has definitely figured it out. We did not feel like we were staying at a hotel. It felt like visiting an uncle. The rooms were big and clean. So Clean. The Breakfast was better than anything I could of imagined. The worst part of the stay was having to leave. I cant wait until I can get back to Iowa City and Uncle Mark.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Montclair, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Until now I have stayed in B&B's only with my wife, but the reasonable pricing and high TripAdvisor ratings lead me to consider Brown Street Inn while alone on business in Iowa City. Now I am adding even further to the high ratings. The Inn is a tastefully decorated early 20th century home well located for downtown, the university, and for points north, including Cedar Rapids and the airport. Mark, gracious and alert, is an ideal host. My bed room and private bath were amply-sized, quiet and very comfortable. The room had personality ... and was thoughtfully provisioned. There were surfaces for putting bags, a pleasant couch and cable TV and robes in the closet. The bathroom was homey and elegant. At first I didn't realize how special it was to avoid the chemical-laced air that is the norm in motel rooms. My room was odor free - it was like being at home. I wish all my future nights on the road could be as relaxing and healthy. Which brings me to the continental breakfast: you won't be disappointed. Brown Street Inn gets my highest rating.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Art P
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

The Brown Street Inn was a truly wonderful experience. It was super clean, extremely friendly, and was like being at home...only, in a home much nicer than you would normally find yourself in. The inn keepers are really nice people, and they allow you your privacy, while also really exceeding your expectations for customer service. They are down to earth folk who want you to enjoy your stay, and know that classic elegance, a homemade chocolate chip cookie, and a cup of really great coffee make the whole stay worth it. It's beautiful and grand, but not pretentious or odd. It's everything we wanted, and nothing we didn't--although, my husband did admire the ironed bed linens so much that I had to put the kibosh on any expectation that I would be ironing sheets at home. He's settled for staying at the Brown Street Inn more often--compromise is what makes a marriage work !

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room--all are pretty quiet, and all have bathrooms, and there is a coffee make...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank S M
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

The Brown Street Inn has plenty of rave reviews here, but I want to echo other travelers in highly recommending this lovely place. I usually stay with friends on my rare visits to Iowa City, but needed a quieter space on a recent trip - Brown Street was perfect! The decor is lovely and thoughtful throughout, with interesting touches of local history. Rooms are immaculate and good-sized. The location is perfect, in a quiet historic neighborhood within walking distance of the main university area and downtown. The cooked-to-order breakfast is a stand-out, especially when served in the beautiful dining area! The hosts are warm, knowledgeable and excellent conversationalists without being intrusive. An ideal B&B!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Wyandotte, Ok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

I had been looking for a place to stay and have our wedding when I came across the Brown Street Inn. And let me say, WOW, it is a very beautiful B7B that is very warm and welcoming!! Mark, the owner is just amazing and helped us with everything and anything that we needed. His breakfast is wonderful and the cookies he makes and leves out..well..mmmmmmm!!! I could just go on and on about this plave and i still couldn't say enough for this place. Like you I read reviews and I am so glad it influenced me to go here. If your going to Iowa City, it is a must stay place and amazing for a wedding!!!

Room Tip: all the rooms are beautiful so you will be happy with any choice you make
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
#2 of 6 in Iowa City
1.3 km away
hotelVetro: studio suites & convention center
3.2 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing
2.9 km away
Heartland Inn - Coralville
Heartland Inn - Coralville
#11 of 18 in Coralville
2.8 km away
Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Brown Street Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK