“A perfect place for an intimate celebration”
Review of Orchard Green

Orchard Green
Ranked #9 of 288 Restaurants in Iowa City
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A one of a kind venue with out of this world cuisine . It's big city dining in downtown Iowa city!
Reviewed 11 July 2015

My wife was about to celebrate a milestone birthday and I wanted to find a place with a great atmosphere, wonderful food and a good wine list. We have a lot of favorites in Iowa City to choose from; she chose Orchard Green. It was a perfect choice as we were able to have a table where it was quiet enough to have a conversation - and I could wish her happy birthday over a glass of champagne before eating.

She chose the Braised Duck and I ordered my favorite dish on their menu: Bouillabaisse. It gave me a chance to reminisce about our honeymoon in France - and a trip to Marseille that we made on a whim to have Bouillabaisse for lunch. We did that and we changed our entire itinerary into a honeymoon along the French Mediterranean - great memories to share on her birthday.

Orchard Green has valet parking (free) and the staff is knowledgeable and friendly. We had a wonderful meal and a perfect evening- and we'll be back.

1  Thank Richard S

Reviewed 7 July 2015

The BEST Crab Cakes in the upstairs restaurant; and down below the salmon over risotto is a delicious and a great spot for a perfect portion!

Reviewed 22 June 2015

wonderful place to eat with great atmosphere - elegant. food was delicious and wonderfully prepared.

Reviewed 14 June 2015 via mobile

From the valet, to the wait staff, and ambiance, the experience is always great! The food in particular is amazing. They have some of the best vegetarian options in Iowa City!

Reviewed 13 June 2015 via mobile

We always enjoy the hummus appetizer. The flavors of hummus vary and are unique. The chicken bucatini is one of my favorites. It was delicious tonight. We tried the blueberry creme brûlée and chocolate torte. The creme brûlée was a huge serving and was quite enjoyable. The sauces with the torte were very nice. I enjoy the dining room for a nice dinner with friends or my husband, but the lounge is a great spot for bringing the kids where I can still get a special meal in a more relaxed atmosphere.