See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

It was dirty and old. I went and bought my own disinfectant wipes to clean our bathroom. The hotel manager or owner was rude and tried to get into an argument with me until she pulled her employee in to verify that we weren’t the ones lying. Then she acted as nice as can be. The ONLY upside to staying here is the breakfast has fresh food.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 December 2017

I grew up in the Harlan area, and my parents moved from the farm to an apartment, so we need to stay elsewhere when visiting. We had stayed at a place IN town a couple of times but it was expensive when all we really need is a bed and a place to shower. I remember this hotel from while I was younger so stopped and asked to see a room. The lady at the desk showed me several. They are being remodeled and updated. We've stayed there twice now and won't go back to "town" to stay again. Rooms are clean and quiet. I was SHOCKED that there were not more people there over the holidays. Very polite staff. (there is no pool-but where we stayed earlier-there was so much chlorine in it you couldn't swim anyway). Breakfast is better than just a roll and coffee. And it's about 1/2 in not more of the price for the one IN town. This is just a mile or so north of Harlan so not a big deal. And it's nice that if you get an upstairs room, you can still park at the door due to "split level" parking. It's nice to stay in the country. :) We'll be back.

Room Tip: WiFi connection was EXCELLENT. I do a lot of work on computer and was able to do it in the room NOT the lobby like some hotels.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2016

Clearly, new owners are trying to pull this hotel's coals out of the fire and doing a good job of it. Room was good, inside and outside access. Beds okay, nice down comforters. Very nice breakfast, day one, ¼ inch thick hot pressed ham slices, roast potatoes. Day two, hot two egg omelets, tatter tots. Fruit yogurts, waffles, juice. Well thought out. Hey, cooler with all kinds of bottles of beers. Can't go wrong with that. Don't know the prices. Parking lot will need work. Had TV issue from previous guest, owner took immediate action, called Direct TV, fixed it in short order. Good price, good service.

Room Tip: Facing street is main level w/ breakfast/frond desk, back side is 2nd level but walk in
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2016

Stayed overnight. Decent enough place. Clean. A little outdated, but as long as a place is clean,I'm not that particular. Just need a clean place to sleep. For the price,it was great. I was surprised there was a hot breakfast considering the price. Not big choices, but good. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2016

Motel in the process of updating. Owners were very accommodating. Rooms large. Inexpensive and quiet. As he motel is built into a hill. We were able to drive to the outside door of our second level room, a great convenience. Breakfast was good. Coffee was especially good. An outside seating area would be great. Close to town.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family