See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 July 2018

The service is horrendous, the manager will never help and the place is a dump! The manager even yelled at his own help in front of us. This place should be shut down and their licenses taken away. Be sure to never go here

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank clora13
super8fortmadison, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Fort Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thank you for taking time to write lie reviews . we did help u with all your concern and my manager never yelled at our staff everything in this review is wrong story also we did provide service at counter and housekeeping was given daily in your room .so please don't give other guest wrong direction.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

My daughter booked a room over the phone with this hotel, and when she found out that she booked the wrong hotel (wrong city) she needed to get a refund. We were still outside of 24 hours before check in, but the hotel policy is 48 hours. When I called Wyndham Rewards (Gold level) they said there was nothing they could do about it, and we couldn't get a refund as each hotel operates independently.

OK, I get it. However, I contacted the hotel and the manager/owner stated that he wouldn't do anything AT ALL. At this point, I would be happy with $10 back, realizing that I wouldn't get her $80 back. Even after corporate got involved, there was still no refund nor part of the refund. I realize that a policy is a policy, but I feel that this operation is a dishonest place of business. Judging from the other reviews, my money was much better spent in Keokuk where there was a much cleaner and nicer operation. I don't mean to leave such a negative review, but these people truly don't deserve one. Please, Keep on Driving, Keokuk is just down the road!

Room Tip: Choose a room in Keokuk!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
super8fortmadison, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Fort Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback. i am sorry you have not received your refund thats why you put a review saying keep driving so for our hotel we have set up free cancellation if u cancel 48 hours prior to arrival date and same day reservation or with in 48 hours are nonrefundable so i hope you understand also every hotel are independently operates by differnt owner so depends on what cancellation policy they keep for their hotel .

Reviewed 2 July 2018

Do yourself a favor and spend your money elsewhere. The room had a horrible odor. Considering the state of disrepair, I'm surprised they were even open for business. Less than honorable persons allowed to loiter in the office area and around the grounds.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
super8fortmadison, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Fort Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

I am very sorry about your experience and I will be doing everything possible to address all of your concerns and comments. I will be inspecting your room with our housekeeping to make sure that this odor gets removed completely We do our best to make sure we are providing the best possible stay .

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We stayed here as a base to visit Historic Nauvoo, IL about 10 miles away
This is a basic motel with no frills - decent price, quiet and clean
Breakfast was nothing to rave about but it was adequate - eggs, sausage, waffles

Stayed: June 2018
super8fortmadison, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Fort Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback on your most recent visit. We continually are working to make improvements in our hotel for our guests and i am happy that you like our hot breakfast.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

If you're looking to stay at a hotel in Fort Madison, Iowa, avoid the Super 8 by Wyndham unless you absolutely have no other options. This hotel is a privately owned (franchised into the Wyndham family) & is a joke to say it's a Wyndham. Nothing about this hotel suggests it is part of the Wyndham family, other than the soap & shampoo. The owner is very skimpy & has done everything he can to save a buck. No air conditioning on in the building so it is very hot everywhere. Only leaves the 2 small windows on the second floor open, which doesn't help, only makes it worse. Especially since it allows for the cigarette smoke from the smokers who smoke next to the building to come into the building. Very disgusting & gross. The rest of cons are: the bed sucks (unless you like sleeping on a trampoline that pokes you with springs), hurts your back so much & hard to sleep because of it; the room was not nice & cool to walk into, because the A/C was not already on to cool the room down (again cutting costs at the sake of customer comfort); there was supposed to be a continental breakfast, where was the food? The little amount that was there was not very good at all. The sausage & eggs were still frozen most of the time. There was cereal, but I was afraid to have the milk. The few pastries were hard. The waffles were ok, but there was not much batter to use. Also the guy at the front desk (who I think is the owner's son) doesn't know anything about what to do in Fort Madison, so don't bother to ask. When checking out, he asked how the stay was & we told him about the crappy mattress & the smoke. He already knew it was a problem & didn't seem to care. The only good thing is that the rooms are spacious.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay. I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations.please note that your concerns have been passed on to our management . we do hope you give us another chance we will definitely improve things you mention on your review Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!