All reviewsgreat boutiquethe air conditioningbeautiful placeswimming poolother hotelspedasipanamaoceanbeachmaintenancedevelopmentvenaosurfersparrots
Reviewed 12 May 2017

I decided to add a night on my trip to Playa Venao and chose Villa Marina based on a good vibe from the website. I am glad that I experienced this hotel and was able to compare it to other places along this famous beach area. The Villa Marina is at the far end of the lovely circular beach. It seems to sit by itself and was very quiet and sparsely crowded at this time of year. I ordered a beachfront room, and was happy with the room and location. I really enjoyed sitting on my porch and taking in the beach sounds. My room was the largest of my various places I stayed in Panama. Oversized room and bathroom. The restaurant served up good food. There is a adjacent development next to the hotel and it will bring more activity to this area. The rooms could use a bit of paint and the bath fixtures could be updated, but being a little rough on the edges actually added a bit of charm to this rustic gem.

Room Tip: Oceanfront Room 5.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2017

This is an old school, laid back type of place. This is right on the water and you can look out to it from the pool. One day as we swam we heard a very loud screeching noise above us. Looked up and saw a wild Macaw Parrot flying overhead to land in the top of a palm tree!
They speak little English here so be ready! Staff is very nice. The food is very good with an excellent chef that makes good on a limited, but effective menu. Not really a family type of place. More of a couples get away.
Now please understand, if you are looking for shiny, glistening, bathroom and shower this is not your type of place. This place has been here for awhile and although there are surfers that stay here, they are not like the ones down the beach where the big breakers come in. This place is clean, but weathered. Perfect in my opinion for this area. It is not in Pedasi, but actually a little over 10 miles away. Not much between the beach and Pedasi, but bad roads. I would make sure that I had enough snacks, soda, wine and beer.
They do sell it there, but when they close the kitchen pretty much everything else is closed too!

Room Tip: We were in the cabanas and found them excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2017

I stayed one night with my wife at this hotel. The hotel in general is very nice. Definitively a place to be for relaxed vacations.
The staff was friendly. Fluent in french and english, less in spanish. We stayed in room #1, was huge, bed was king size (but noisy), the bathroom was clean but our hot water did not work.
Breakfast was included in the rate and was good: omelette, toasts, natural juice or coffee/tee was served.
The view from the restaurant is amazing, at the moment local beers are $2 which is a very good price for an hotel. Pool was nice and warm.

Unfortunately, at the beach, I was stung by a stingray when I was almost checking out. My wife had to take me to the nearest hospital which was 20 minutes from the place (Pedasí).
My recommendation to the hotel is to have at least a fist aid kit for this kind of situations since according to locals around is common during this time to have stingrays around.
Even though we did not make it for the check out (11am) since we were at the hospital, the hotel didn't charge us any extra fee for that which I appreciated a lot.
An amazing place to be, but asked if there is stingray season or something similar to avoid any major incident.

Cheers,
David (My wife and I are both from Panamá)

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David N
Reviewed 28 February 2017

A boutique small hotel with a lot of charm and character. The setting is amazing with restaurant patio overlooking a lovely pool and the beach / ocean bay and great views. The staff are very friendly. Our ocean view room was not generously sized with a small bathroom but both were clean.
The meals experience was mixed - first dinner was excellent but the second night was less enjoyable. Management made an adjustment to the dinner bill and were concerned that we had not enjoyed the dinner. Breakfasts were good.

The owners are developing condos and a new hotel. The exisiting hotel is we understand to be demolished and so that explains why it is looking a little shabby chique. In many ways, it is a shame that they don't keep it and renovate as it is so peaceful and a beautiful location.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

This is #1 choice if you want to stay close to Pedasí on Playa Venao. Boutique style resort, clean, quiet, great staff, beach front, great food, friendly staff, over all amazing. It is very well managed compared to other places in Panama. They care of everything you can think of. This is thanks to the proffessional manager David. The room includes nice breakfast and they have a great chef if you want to eat in (gourmet style fresh fish and seafood). All of this for good prices. It is hard to find a place like this one.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends