“Great Hotel For The Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Dubuque

Days Inn Dubuque
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Hotel For The Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

Nice hotel for the money ..had a bar and grill on site with a nice out door pool ..Rooms were clean and hotel staff made me feel welcomed ...i would never post on sites but they had this site on back of the cards.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
ronconrad, General Manager at Days Inn Dubuque, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
Thank you for the kind review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with the Days Inn. We hope to see you again!

Ron Conrad
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Aurora
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

My husband and I had book two rooms for Friday -Sunday , well I called the place where we booked through and told them we had to cancel because his mother had to have emergency surgery this could not be help so I tried to cancel this and was told I had to call back on Sat well manager not there had to call Sunday same story called Monday well manager went home so I had to call on Tuesday morning just to get told they could not help me so I lose $291.92 this is poor business that you can not help someone out when it can't be help that someone in your family has to be rush to the hospital. I will never book again with Days Inn very poor customer service I hope no one in his family ever needs help and he has plans and can not get his money back or even some of it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. We try and accommodate all of our guests. Since I am unaware of all of the information regarding your reservation I cannot say why you were not refunded for your stay. The only way we would not have canceled your reservation is if it was booked through a 3rd party website. When reservations are booked through these websites they are usually pre-paid and the motel does not have control over your pre-paid reservation. All cancelations need to be processed through the website that you booked through. I again apologize for the way things were handled. We had no intentions of making you feel helpless. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at the Days Inn, 563-583-3297.

Travellers are raving about these Dubuque hotels

West Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

Late Friday afternoon we decided to drive to Dubuque, IA. I like to plan trips and this one was definitely not planned and I hoped that my usual tricks to get a cheap room would work on such a short notice. Priceline let me down but Expedia came to the rescue but after seeing the reviews I was concerned. If you have a reliable GPS, its hard to miss it. The bar was hopping when we arrived around 9 but we did get a non-smoking room. The place looked "shady" from the outside but it is old. We got our bags and quickly made our way to our room where we promptly closed the shades, the door, turned on the A/C and I stuck my mini-alarm on the door just in case of trouble - first time I've ever done this while staying in a motel. The room was acceptable, it was clean, the sheets and pillow cases were fresh - no bed bugs, no flat panel TV here just the older TV model, the bathroom was clean - no hairs, the carpet was iffy so I avoided stepping on it with my bare feet. I noticed we had complimentary coffee, regular and decaf and a couple of tea bags - that was nice. Soap, shampoo etc - were provided. I will say that the room was loud, we were on the second floor and something made so much noise it sounded like an airplane was about to take off - to top it off, around midnight, we had "revelers" from the Spirits bar coming back to have a good 'ole loud conversation just outside the door which made us appreciate the "airplane" noise until around 2am when it would wake us up whenever it kicked off. Whatever, the room cost us just a little over $50. We slept ok - honestly, it wouldn't outside of the noise the bed was pretty comfy. The following morning, we took advantage of their free breakfast - you can make yourself a waffle, they have hard boiled eggs, cereal, coffee, OJ, toast, and bagels. We had a nice shower afterwards and we didn't have any issues with the water. What I appreciated the most was the kindness of the manager who provided us with a number to call if we got lost in Dubuque along with a map showing us where everything is at. This is definitely not the Holiday Inn folks but it is cheap and you get a free breakfast.

Room Tip: If you want a non-smoking room and a room on the second floor, call the motel in advance ask for it...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank xwarrior26
Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

We stayed here for one night on our way to our vacation destination. We made the reservation for the price - right around $50. The lobby and location were impressive, the room was clean and comfortable, and the bar, restaurant, and pool were fun and festive. We enjoyed our first night so much that we ended up booking a room fr a night on our way back home. We'll stay here again next time we're in Dubuque.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
ronconrad, General Manager at Days Inn Dubuque, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
Thank you for choosing the Days Inn in Dubuque. I am pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience at the motel. We appreicate the review and can't wait to see you the next time you are back in Dubuque.

Ron Conrad
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

I stayed here out of desperation - every other room within a 60 mile radius was booked. The room itself was about as expected - old, basic, and poorly maintained. The bed was broken down and the shower didn't work. However, the deal breaker for me was the excessive noise from the wedding party that had a reception here. I was woken up multiple times throughout the night... 12 am, 1 am, 2 am, 3 am, etc by extremely RUDE wedding party guests/members. Loud cars, loud music, loud motorcycles, you name it! The final straw was when a group of five wedding party members decided to stand outside my door and talk so loudly that it woke me up. After their conversation continued for more than 30 minutes, I opened my hotel room door and slammed it in their faces - thinking they would get the point. Nope. Hopelessly rude and low-class people frequent this place. I was planning to stay here a second night - absolutely will NOT - I will be checking out promptly and going elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo