Hampton Inn Dubuque
US$ 86
  • Breakfast included
US$ 103
US$ 134
All reviewscomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areashopping and restaurantsroom was cleanwould stay here againstaff was friendlyother hotelshot tubfront desk stafffresh fruitnice hotelwafflesgreat place to staystayed one nightfamily reunionconvenient locationget away
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This is the 4th time we have stayed at the Dubuque Hampton. Never had a bad stay. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean and the room was very clean. This time we did not have the breakfast but when we stayed there in April '12 the breakfast was excellent. They kept bringing out fresh food and didn't allow anything to run out. I can't comment about the pool since I never go swimming. The flat screen TV had an excellent choice of channels. Excellent sound proofing between rooms. Wife and I have decided to stay at the Hampton whenever we stay in Dubuque. I have stayed at the Julian Inn which was dumpy (I understand they have upgraded). I've stayed at the Holiday Inn downtown and the Grand River Center. Both are nice especially the GRC, but pricey. Our favorite Dubuque Hotel for the money is the Hampton.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank star644
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I stayed here back in 2011 when I had to attend a family function in Dubuque. I was a little nervous because I am used to staying in nicer hotels but in this experience I have learned that most of the time those nicer hotels are just hyped up.
My stay was last year, but I am moved to write this review now since I am stuck in another hotel due to a power outage (review on that coming tomorrow) and it made me appreciate this hotel so much more.
When I was here, the hotel was clean, the room was clean, the staff was helpful and friendly, and nothing was broken.I was surprised a hotel this cheap could be so updated and have it together. So many of the so called 3.5 or 4 star hotels don't.
If I must return to Dubuque for an overnight stay again, I would book here without hesitation or second thought. I can't say that about any other hotel I've been to in any other city. All this from a Hampton Inn...wow. If I could nitpick something, I would say that the little office nook you can use has an extremely old and slow computer (which mattered since I forgot my laptop) and that the window shades don't keep out a lot of light. So if you're a light sleeper, have some eye masks, and don't forget your laptop. Both points can be easily overlooked. Great hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Illinois4321
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Family loved it! The rooms were fresh and clean, and the dining area was spread out. Breakfast was good, waffles, and scrambled eggs....They did a great job considering it was a full hotel the night before.

Kids loved the whirlpool and swimming pool, both of which were extremely clean!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank josh t
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We checked in after 3pm and I was impressed with how quick that was. The room was nice and clean. The staff was very friendly too. Within 10 minutes after arriving in our room, I received a call from the front desk to make sure everything was okay with the room. That was a nice touch and something I haven't had a hotel do before. We went for a swim and it was a bit cool at first, but it felt great since it was so hot outside. The pool can get crowded in the afternoon, but that is to be expected. They have a place where you can buy snacks, including ice cream. The beds were extremely comfortable for my family. Breakfast in the morning was great. It is served from 6am to 10am. They had a variety of pastries, toast, cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs with bacon, fresh fruit, two waffle makers, coffee and several different kinds of juices. The breakfast hostess was always refilling the food and the breakfast area was clean. The hotel is near Kennedy shopping mall, Hyvee grocery store, Texas Roadhouse, HuHot Mongolian Grill. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank jbear8989
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This was an excellent hotel. It was well-maintained, clean, and the staff was helpful and friendly.

A great place to stay.